Gloo, LLC, headquartered in downtown Boulder, Colorado is a technology company building software for people development. We serve a variety of customers including non-profits, addiction recovery centers, churches, healthcare systems, and corporate businesses - essentially any organization where people development is critical to success. Our goal is to give our customers the power to change more lives, scale their missions, and make an impact. We are growing, learning and looking for talented professionals who are driven to have a positive impact on humanity. Interested?
Building automation tools, maintaining infrastructure and partnering withengineering teams to launch and extend complex applications - that’s your passion! We are launching a new data insights platform and looking for someone to help manage the big datainfrastructure. We are a focused team, who supports each other and collaborates every day. We would love your help adding new services and increasing our automation expertise, so we can keep running like a finely tuned machine. If that sounds like fun, then com join us and contribute to technology that is truly transforming lives.
What you will be doing:
• Supporting the creation of automated software builds and deployments across multiple environments within the AWS infrastructure
• Managing an EMR cluster and a Kafka cluster
• Supporting continuous integration using Jenkins, TravisCI and other useful tools.
• Configuration Management and automated monitoring of all infrastructure
• Mentoring & coaching your team members and development colleagues toward best practices
• Maintaining our open source software infrastructure components, including application and database servers
• Implementing production system monitoring and self-healing
• Managing security and access control within all environments
• Working with product development teams to spec new infrastructure requirements
• Watching for trouble spots and creating mitigation strategies
• Applying OS patches and upgrades
• Brainstorming with your team to continually support scalable architecture
What you’ll bring to the table:
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working in infrastructure, operations or configuration management with deep experiencesupporting modern web-based products
• Solid experience managing Hadoop on AWS and deploying web-based applications
• Comfortable with a good subset of the following: Git, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Jenkins, MongoDB, Graphite, Redis/Sentinel, Memcache, RabbitMQ
• Comfortable with infrastructure monitoring tools, such as Sensu, Uchiwa, Monit & Cloudwatch
• Excited about being fully in the cloud - there are no wires here!
• Creative, articulate and competent communication - able to deliver your message clearly, concisely, confidently
• You have worked in an emerging growth company, so you know what it means to shift priorities and wear a bunch of hats
• A one team attitude and a willingness to work closely with engineers to keep us running as smooth as silk
• Driven to help others - it feeds your soul
What our team members enjoy:
• Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
• Stock option participation
• Flexible work hours and 2+ weeks of untracked paid time off
• Medical with HSA contribution
• A dynamic, talented team, dedicated to changing the world and building an incredible business
• Beautiful office space in downtown Boulder on Pearl Street, steps from coffee shops and blocks from hiking trails
• Company Happy Hour Fridays
• Fresh fruit, snacks, coffee and sodas
A Software Engineer designs, develops or maintains the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles).