Our start-up client is building a breakthrough engine, combining some heavy science with cutting edge software implementation. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer to manage system operations, platform infrastructure, databases and data storage and deploying algorithms to the cloud. You will also make sure everything is secure, scalable, and highly efficient.
- Deploying software and managing systems configuration and managing backups, planning business continuity
- Managing highly scalable servers, storage, and network deployments in the cloud
- Monitoring systems, ensuring resources are utilized efficiently and scale gracefully
- Auditing systems security, implementing best practices in order to protect proprietary information
- Collaboration with Engineering to understand technical requirements and ensure optimal alignment with application and cloud architecture
- Experience working in an early stage, scaling startup and prior experience with SaaS and PaaS models
- Ensure that the infrastructure being built is robust, scalable, adheres to modern best practices, and is cost effective.
- Being a problem solver with the urge to help businesses work better
- A strong knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- A solid understanding of large scale data processing platforms (Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop)
- Experience with virtualization and containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant)
- Linux and shell expertise
- Experience with automating application deployment, continuous delivery, and continuous integration (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Knowledge of Node.Js, Python, Mongo
BA/BSc degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering or Computer Science