Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer with experience supporting development operations in all phases of application development while demonstrating expertise in Windows based administration. The successful candidate will be articulate, persuasive and have the ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure. You are detail oriented and comfortable balancing multiple projects. If you thrive by working in a fast-paced start-up environment utilizing the latest internet technologies, consider this opportunity as the next level in your professional development.
This person will contribute to large-scale system architecture, perform troubleshooting, and contribute to maintenance duties. Influencing new designs, the evolution of their cloud-based architecture, as well as evolving automation processes are essential success factors of this position.
The DevOps Engineer will work directly with development and operations teams to solve operational issues and create tools, processes, and systems that improve customer’s overall operational reliability and resilience.
- 3+ years of experience automating operations in a Windows environment
- 1+ years of experience with build and deployment automation tools, such as Team City and Octopus
- Competent with system programming languages, such as PowerShell
- Experience with web application server technologies, such as IIS
- Experience with the Microsoft .NET stack (ASP.NET, C#, etc.)
- Familiarity with provisioning cloud-based infrastructure, virtual environments, and private clouds
- Intrinsic self-starter and problem solver
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
- Curiosity to explore new ideas and passion to make them happen
- Keep the development team moving through automation with the future goal of push-button, ceremony-free, continuous delivery
- Production support responsibilities for software and infrastructure fixes
- Work with software, infrastructure, network engineers and DBAs to solve productivity challenges, drive efficiency, automate and streamline environment builds
- Co-own (with teams) monitoring & alert configuration to detect, triage and resolve issues quickly
- Build tools to enhance production triage and improve time to detect issues
- Participate in on-call rotation and take charge of escalated outages, lead calls until they are resolved, and make sure the root cause has been found and fixed.