With nearly 20,000 organizational customers and millions of student users, Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company. Blackboard is shaping the future of education with big ideas that challenge conventional thinking and advance new models of learning. Every day we’re inspiring people to find new ways to learn, connect and drive change in the way education is delivered and experienced. Through technology and services, we bring people closer to the knowledge they seek and to ways they can change their own education and the world for the better.
Do you have a passion for Cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications running securely on Amazon Web Services? Do you believe that operating an application is a development problem? Do you enjoy scripting, automation, developing robust monitoring tools, and working with configuration management tools like Chef to improve the security of a product? Then you must talk to us!
We are looking for candidates to drive, design, implement, and scale our SaaS platform, using security-focused DevOps methodologies.
Qualified candidates would drive engineering solutions to increase the security of our environments. They would use current technologies, approaches, and tooling to support our platforms’ security; bring the latest software development, automation and deployment practices, and apply them every day to improve the product.
- Join a scrum team of fellow engineers following DevOps philosophies and security best practices
- Collaborate between IT Security and other DevOps groups to effectively mitigate risk
- Prioritize and remediate critical vulnerabilities, and systematically address compliance violations, using an integrated and automated approach
- Bring the latest tools and techniques to achieve optimal results
- Stay up to date on the latest Cloud development and deployment technologies
- Self-starter, collaborative team player
- Experience with Linux in a production environment
- Experiencetroubleshooting and resolving application and/or system-related issues
- 4+ years of experience in system administration or programming
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with configuration management, using Chef
- Demonstrable experience with Python, Ruby, or Shell scripting
- Strong written and spoken English
- Experience with large scale software development processes and multi-region deployments
- Experience with Docker or other containerization technology
- Java and/or Scala development experience
- Experience working with a global team