As a DevOps Engineer at Baton, you will be responsible for automation, tooling, overall system optimization and monitoring. You are a problem solver who will work with other team members to take the infrastructure design to the next level, supporting multiple cloud environments (AWS, Azure, On premise), help build engineering practices, processes to provide 99.99% availability and ensure regulatory compliance such as SOC2.
Must Have Skills
- Experience working on one Linux platform, preferably Ubuntu or Red Hat.
- Basic scripting skill using bash or Python.
- Basic knowledge of using Git or other source code control systems.
- Clear understanding of bare-metal and VM
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts and tools available on Linux.
- Database knowledge, both RDBMS and NOSQL.
- Basic storage knowledge – disk drives, NFS, filers, Cloud storage like AWS S3.
- DevOps domain knowledge
- Experience working on one or more public cloud platforms – AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Knowledge of CI/CD concepts, preferably using Jenkins
- Knowledge of containers, Docker and related concepts
Good to have Skills
- Programming skill, preferably using Python.
- Knowledge of modern build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Knowledge of using REST API
- Programmatic access using tools like curl
- Good understanding of SSH, ssl certs, key based access etc.
- Knowledge of packaging tools – yum, apt, zip, tgz, jar etc
- Virtualization technologies – VMware, OpenStack, Vagrant, Packer etc.
- Experience troubleshooting in Linux environments
- Knowledge of Ansible
- Infrastructure provisioning experience using Terraform
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Prometheus and Grafana