MetroStar Systems is looking for a DevOps Engineer that is passionate about developing and executing DevOps best-practices, providing solution architectures, and strategy for DevOps adoption. If you want to join a company that values self-motivated, passionate, and fearless individuals, we want you to work for MetroStar!
You're a great fit if…
- You are entrenched, socialized and subscribed to the DevOps culture and mindset with exposure to industry standard DevOps tools.
- You are passionate about DevOps initiatives fully adopting automated solutions in place of manual processes.
You'll love this position if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 3+ years of experience with configuration management and designing and developing DevOps solution architecture
- You have 3+ years of experience with working closely with Release Management teams as well as Automation Testing teams
- You have a strong Linux background and 5+ years' experience with Linux Administration and bash or shell scripting.
- You have experience designing branching strategies with Git and experience creating jobs and pipelines within Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of industry standard DevOps tools, such as Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Chef, Nexus, Docker, AWS and/or Puppet
- You have experience working in Agile environment with multiple teams operating in parallel to accomplish a large initiative deployments
- You have a Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience in the build automation subject area.
We'll REALLY love you if…
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have a developer background and insider understanding how DevOps integrates with developers.
- You have experience with Redmine (or other ticket management software)
- Experience in leading and evolving CI/CD processes leveraging the DevOps frameworks working in an Agile environment
- You have experience with test automation tools such as Tape, Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, WebDriver, Protractor, Karma, JUnit, JSUnit, and HP ALM/UFT
What your day will look like:
- You'll work with Scrum Masters, business analyst, developers, etc. to support their DevOps mission
- You'll also provide support to develop new and innovative automated solutions
- You'll provide support to develop automated scripts and solutions to achieve sprint tasks
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information and obtain a Public Trust clearance. Accordingly, US Citizenship or Green Card holder is required. We are unable to provide sponsorship now or in the future for this role.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.