August is seeking a DevOps engineer who will be responsible for deploying, managing, monitoring August infrastructure. The ideal candidate will ensure that August’s systems are functioning at their highest level of performance in a cost-effective way. The DevOps Engineer will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, work well under pressure and be obsessive about security, quality and performance. Above all the Devops engineer will automate all the things.
- Continuously improve our infrastructure for performance and security.
- Automate, Automate, Automate.
- Provide service monitoring and alerting.
- Develop and maintain continuous delivery systems.
- Plan service capacity, or better yet automate it.
- Establish and applysecurity best practices.
- Work with software team to improve overall system.
- Manage access to all cloud infrastructure.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- BS in computer sciences or related technical field.
- AWS: S3, ElasticBeanstalk, EC2 container service, IAM, etc.
- Experience with Jenkins or similar continuous integration system.
- Experience with docker.
- 4+ years experience in system operations.
- Expert level Unix/Linux administration and automation.
- Proficiency in one or more scriptinglanguages such as python, ruby or bash.
- Experience with an automation framework such as chef or ansible.
- Experience with Mongodb or similar nosql database.
- Experience with a systems level monitoring system such as nagios or zabbix.
- Experience with SCM, preferably git
- Experiencetroubleshooting large distributed systems.