The DevOps Engineer is responsible for delivering an end-to-end solution from initial concept through finished solution in the area of automated build, deployment, monitoring, and server infrastructure. You’ll need the ability to quickly understand needs, from a user perspective, and move from there to a working prototype that captures the essence of what the product should be. The ability to not only code and configure tools, but also assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms is critical to success. This includes a deep understanding of systems, data structures, modernscripting and enterprise level languages as well as open source tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems. You’ll work in a rapid environment where there aren’t always clear specifications or rules about how something should be done, where it’s up to you to figure things out and keep things moving.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Write code, integrate systems and build configurations to drive and innovate around our server based platform across the organization.
- Integrate systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON and others
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make our work more consistent and predictable. You’ll do this by orchestrating environment deployment from OS all the way through the applications stack, using tools such as Docker, Saltstack, Jenkins, and many others
- Exhibit a deep understanding of server virtualization, networking and storage ensuring that the solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime
- Create mechanisms/architectures that enable rapid recovery, repair and cleanup of faulty migrations with good understanding of fault tolerance and failure domains
- Identify opportunities to deliver self service capability for the most common infrastructure and application management tasks
- Create automated tests that easily plug into our automated code pipeline
- Provide detailed levels of monitoring across the application stack
- Help mentor other engineers and technical analysts
- Plan sprints within your project team to keep yourself and the team moving forward
- Move fast, break things, and determine how to fix them
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering or a related field
- 7+ years of related experience with the following:
- Experience with both local VM infrastructure and Cloud services such as AWS or Azure
- Proficient in the use of CloudFormation, CloudWatch and CloudTrail
- Have strong working knowledge in either Terraform or Ansible, including experience with setting up similar tools from scratch
- Experience with connecting across multiple AWS accounts/VPC’s with working knowledge of the Roles and permissions required to do so
- Strong hands on experience working with AWS technologies including, EC2, Lambda, VPC’s and Security groups, S3 and RDS and working across these services to build highly resilient and highly scalable enterprise applications
- Strong Experience with Source code and version control systems, SVN and GitHub
- Strong Experience in Build tools like MSBuild or ANT/Nant.
- Experience in one or more of the deployment tools such as: Blade Logic, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience in Build Automation tools like Hudson, Jenkins, BuiltBot or CruiseControl
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and the tools and concepts necessary to manage them at scale.
- Experience in build, deploy, troubleshooting and maintaining web applications.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, HTML, XML
- Understanding of Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Zabbix, Wily, BMC, Splunk)
- Familiarity with some or all of the following: IIS, Tomcat, SQL Server, Memcached, Oracle, and database clustering, etc.
- Excellent team player, including the ability to work cross functionally in a fast paced, global organization
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to concurrently manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects; self-starter
- Experience working in a large scale, agile operational environment.
Req Number: 132928