Actian is the leader in hybrid data management, cloud data warehouse, and data integration technology. Thousands of forward-thinking organizations around the globe like Bloomberg, Intuit, Lufthansa, and Citibank trust Actian to help them solve the toughest data challenges and transform how they run their businesses...with data.
- Understand, create, manage, maintain, and revise build and deployment pipelines on at least one cloud provider. Preferably AWS and/or Azure.
- Design and maintenance of the containerization lifecycle with Docker and Kubernetes
- Be or become a recognized expert for all questions regarding DevOps and help us to develop, test, and deploy new infrastructure and services
- Work within a lean software process to design and develop new products, services, and features.
- Manage software production and delivery. Troubleshoot software and hardware problems; isolate errors, and fix or help to fix them.
- Collaboration within a distributive organization (Development, Build, QA, Security, Operations)
- Push our efforts in continuous integration to new levels, with a view on improving the status quo as well as the introduction of new services.
- Share knowledge and support the tech community
- Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Service Mesh implementation skills;
- Scripting in a variety of shell languages (e.g Bash);
- Deep operating system administration across the various flavors of Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, SuSe);
- Familiarity with how large-scale platforms using microservices written in Java/Scala/Python/JS are architected, managed, and deployed;
- Good automation skills, including proficiency with RESTful API calls and other web services;
- Source code management (SCM), preferably in Git
- Jenkins administration knowledge;
- Familiarity with Agile software development principles, including Scrum and Kanban;
- Proficient English language skills;
- A university degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required;
- Demonstrable work experience in software development projects;
- Competent documentation skills, preferably using Markdown or similar
- Solid CI/CD experience involving a comprehensive set of tools included in the DevOps lifecycle: Plan, Code, Build, Test, Release, Deploy, Operate, Monitor
- Scripting experience in Python, Go, and/or similar
- Certifications in any Cloud Provider are highly desirable.
- Deployment skills and experience with Spinnaker
- Source code management (SCM), e.g. Subversion, Maven
- Operating system administration on Windows and UNIX (e.g AIX, Solaris)
- Prior experience in software development internships
- Good communication skills, spoken and written. Ability to communicate both at a technical and non-technical level to a heterogeneous audience.