We are looking for an experienced engineer to help instill DevOps best practices in our organization. The successful candidate will work closely with our development team and hosting provider to automate, scale and secure our infrastructure, while also implementing continuous integration and deployment tooling and techniques. This would be the second dedicated DevOps role in the organization, and as such represents a significant opportunity to positively impact our business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- DevOps Engineer reports to the Director of Engineering and will partner with the development team to build out the tools and infrastructure to get their ideas into product faster and safer
- Current tech stack is: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Mongo, AWS, Chef, CircleCI, GitHub, and Trello
- Propose and implement new tools and infrastructure to the 3Play technology stack, which will include building out some of the following:
- CI/CD pipeline
- Automated test infrastructure
- Improvements to our AWS infrastructure
- Monitoring and alerting
- Upgrades to all pieces of the tech stack, including Rails
- Automated linting and open source policy enforcement
- Alongside the development team, you’ll play a key role in triage efforts.
- Work closely with the developers and train them on new tools and processes (making their lives easier in the process)
- Set the standard for “3Play DevOps Engineer” and influence the direction of the DevOps team as it grows in the coming years
- Potentially take on the role of “security officer”, but definitely consider security in all that you do.
- At least 2 years of experience in a DevOps role
- Adequate experience to see the same things go wrong in multiple different ways across a wide variety of domains
- Demonstrated experience making solid technology decisions
- Strong understanding of configuration management (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Circle, Travis, Jenkins)
- Fluency in shell scripting and at least one other high-level scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, Node.js, etc)
- Knowledgeable about security
- Deep experience managing AWS services (EC2, S3, IAM, etc)
- Unix system administration experience