Twenty-five years ago we launched Kingland with a vision to reinvent the way financial services firms manage risk, compliance, and data.
Founded in 1992, Kingland Systems is an innovative platform-driven solutions provider. Our solutions provide the largest banks, public accounting firms, and insurance companies in the world with the tools and data to manage risk, comply with regulations, and improve their operations. Our clients support the very foundations of the global financial system, helping to ensure fairness, honesty, and transparency on a global stage that generates, monitors, and audits trillions of dollars of financial transactions — leading to a better and safer world.
Kingland is unique. While we are based in Iowa, our customers are not. We are an Iowa company with a significant global reach. We provide our employees with the opportunity to "live locally and work globally", combining the Iowa quality of life that we all love, with exciting opportunities to travel the world and work on large projects for large clients.
Kingland is growing. We’re looking for individuals who like to tackle big challenges, want to work on mission-critical solutions, as well as desire to make a difference in the world — and be rewarded for their effort. Explore all the ways that quality of work meets quality of life at Kingland —and launch yourself on an exciting new adventure.
As a DevOps Enablement Engineer, you’ll provide and maintain the infrastructure (traditional and cloud) frameworks that our solution teams use to build and support their applications. You will regularly work with AWS services, Ansible, Git, Terraform, Packer.io, SumoLogic, Docker, Jenkins, PostgreSQL, Java, Python, network devices, server operating systems, as well as various scriptinglanguages and othertechnologies. The ideal candidate will have software development experience and previous experience with network or server administration.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)
- Background in Linux/Unix or Network Administration.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with automation and configuration management (Ansible, Terraform, Packer.io, or similar tools)
- Assist with determining guidelines and standards for deploying to Amazon Web Services Cloud infrastructure, system and application security requirements, and developing security solutions.
- A commitment to best practices.
MAJOR RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES
- Must exhibit qualities of a life-long learner and be able to adapt to changing work demands
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Ability to handle a dynamic work environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Desire to grow skills and take on more complex/critical tasks