NSS Labs, Inc. is recognized globally as the most trusted source for independent, fact-based cybersecurity guidance. Our mission is to advance transparency and accountability within the cybersecurity industry. We empower enterprises by providing them with timely, relevant information on which to base their decisions. Our unmatched foundation in security testing, along with our extensive research and global threat discovery capabilities, provide the basis for NSS Labs’ Cloud Platform for Continuous Security Validation. This cloud platform measures the ongoing effectiveness of security controls, providing a real-time insight to help business leaders substantiate their securityinvestments. Businesses can also leverage this cloud platform to strengthen their cyberrisk posture and improve their ability to identify and respond when it matters. Many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs.
The DevOPS Network & Security Engineerworks closely with many internal and external customers to develop new processes, build out, and maintain production infrastructure and test environments. The DevOPS Network and Security Engineer will be responsible for ongoing configuration, operations, and auditing production cybersecurity testing environment.
- Fully support, configure and maintain LAN devices - routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, etc.).
- Internal and external customer engagements to setup and maintain cybersecurity products in a production testing environment.
- Interact directly with vendors for wide range of cybersecurity products, communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Engage with and support clients to ensure the use cases and testing represent the challenges faced in product deployment.
- Build out test environment - install devices and software products.
- Review test harness and Software Requirements Specification (SRS) documents.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Proven experience in a network administration role.
- Hands on experience of networksecurity as applied to infrastructure - VLAN segmentation, routing and firewall management.
- Expert TCP/IP networking, networking architectures, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with multi-vendor VPNs (user and site to site), setup, trouble shooting, and problem resolution.
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies.
- Hands-on experience with security products, whether network, endpoint, or operational forensics.
- Packet analysis and network protocol dissection skills, using tools such as Wireshark.
- Knowledge of network device performance testing.
- Hands-on experience configuring server hardware and deployment of MS Windows and Linux operating systems.
- MS Windows and Linux network administration experience; troubleshooting skills in MS Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Awareness of SDLC and quality assurance and how these relate to product testing.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional documentation, presentation and communication skills.
- Comfortable working with clients.
- Software development background.
- Good understanding of security software testing.
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, Java, VBScript, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with network and security performance testing equipment, both hardware and software (e.g., BreakingPoint and other Ixia products, Spirent/Mu Dynamics, Tomahawk, etc.).