What you will be doing
Plan, manage, grow and lead an industry leading DevOps and Quality Automation team as part of the IFS Development team and overall development cycle. Provide input to the CI/CD pipeline and supporting toolset as part of a matrixed DevOps community.
Working in an agile software development environment, the leader of DevOps Delivery will be responsible for automating the rapid testing, packaging, and delivering of high-quality products for FIS in a number of modern and legacy environments. This individual must have a proven track record of successfully building, leading, and managing a multi-disciplinary team of Agilists and Engineers with a strong sense of quality ownership and a deeply rooted DevOps mindset. This is a hands-on job that also requires strategic thinking and planning in order to provide leadership and expertise throughout the entire development life cycle, ensuring the success of the organization's automated testing, release and deployment efforts. This leader will provide daily direction, mentorship, and coaching to team members and third-party resources.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify that products meet business and user requirements
- Lead/execute the automation of functional and user acceptance test cycles; set up Test lab with hardware/software configurations needed
- Knowledgeable of the tools of the DevOps CI/CD Pipeline such as: Jira; TestRails; TFS; Jenkins; Mavin; Selenium; JMeter; Veracode; Fortify; Artifactory; jFrog; Teraform; Docker; Openshift; Splunk and others.
- Conceptualize and develop automated performance testing, extending CI pipelines
- Collaborate with developers, QA, BA, and SM personnel and participate in development process
- Provide documentation and metrics in support of an overall view of release readiness of products or product features
- Develop the long-term strategy for automation best practices and team talent development
- Provide thought leadership into the development/maintenance of test and release standards/metrics to determine improvement areas and strategies in the automation of the development life cycle
- Optimize and implement creative resource engagement processes, ensuring all projects are delivered on schedule and to high FIS security and quality standards
- Evaluate and/or implement approved tools needed for test and CI/CD automation
- Interface between peers in other parts of the enterprise, line of business leaders and development teams
- Resolves critical issues and contributes to the business unit/area development.
- Manages work efforts of managers/supervisors with responsibility for all human resource leadership and management functions
- Identifies and allocates technical resources to prioritized projects within Development.
- Forecasts resource needs based on an analysis of both portfolio and projected spend.
- Maximizes both utilization and profitability of assigned team of resources' (capital vs expense) time.
- Coordinates with industry compliance consultants and product managers to verify applications and automation processes meet regulatory compliance.
- Ensures proper application of technology.
- Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise automation frameworks
- Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional frameworks and application components consumable across applications and product lines
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in DevOps including SQA and Release Management
- 5+ years leading the automation of test and release efforts for an organization that delivers large, complex IT development projects for transaction-based and data information products
- 3+ years working in a SCRUM/agile/Kanban software development environment
- 5+ years experience contributing to an overall quality assurance program and overall software release program
- 3+ years using Azure/AWS/ Private Cloud DevOps
- Automated test environment management and release management skills in conjunction with Quality Automation Engineering is a must
- Experience in executing automated test scripts built in a test tool such as Postman, Cucumber, or Test Café
- Understanding of DevOps (Git, Bitbucket, Jira, TeamCity, PowerShell, Docker, Jenkins,…)
- Experience in testing Web Software Applications / Database applications produced using .Net Core and/or .Net Framework stacks
- Experience managing local and remote workforce
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Self-motivated to learn new technology and stays up-to-date with latest technology
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience working in the financial industry
- Skill in change management and process improvement
- Experience implementing Agile and/or SAFe principals and methodologies
- Skill in project management, organization, communications, analytical and people skills
- Skill in leading, supervising and managing effectively under pressure
- Ability to be comfortable interacting with executive level clients
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and problem areas
- Ability to delegate to qualified subordinates as appropriate
- Ability to lead, direct and manage effectively
- Ability to operate independently
- Ability to exhibit solid decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Interest in modern best practices and tools for software development and automated testing
- Interest in working on a complex financial application
- Interest in performance engineering and continuous build and test landscapes
- Knowledge of some programming language
- Experience with monitoring tools of various shapes and sizes
- Experience troubleshooting complex enterprise client environments