The DevOps Database Engineer will assist in designing, developing, building, analyzing, evaluating and installing and engineeringdatabase management systems in support of a DevOps environment to support software development lifecycle at a Federal agency. Candidate must have strong analysis and decision-making skills with the ability to lead meetings and participate in technical cross-functional meetings.
- Meet with clients to determine the overall requirements and scope of projects. Must be comfortable interacting with staff at all levels within the organization, as well as taking direction from, and providing recommendations to (as appropriate)
- Act independently while supporting the application implementation and maintenance on large programs, and has excellent interdisciplinary knowledge
- Define system implementation approaches and operational concepts, design and develop system architecture, while also defining key capabilities and performance requirements
- Lead architecture design, development, testing and integration of new systems and capabilities
- Implement DevOps software and process in a AWS environment.
- Assist in designing, developing, building, analyzing, evaluating and installing and reverse engineeringdatabase management systems, including database modeling and design, relational databasearchitecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management.
- Use data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases, determine data storage and optimum storage requirements;
- Prepare system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation;
- Evaluate size and select technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and application databases.
- Education Requirements: Shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related quantitative field. Prefer to have a Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with favorable Polygraph
- Shall have more than six (6) years’ technical experience directly related to databaseengineering and management
- At least two (2) years’ experience performing similar operations in the IC.
- At least 2 years of experience working with cloud based infrastructure in AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, SNS, etc.) or Azure or Google Cloud
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
DESIREDQUALIFICATIONS: BS or equivalent + 9 yrs related experience, or MS + 7 yrs related experience