Ria Financial Services was founded in 1987 and it is today the third largest money transfer company in the world, with a global agent network of 350,000 locations in more than 140 contries. In addition to money transfer services, Ria offers Foreign Exchange through its own retail network.
Ria’s mission is to be the most progressive money transfer company in the world, offering service excellence and the most competitive and reliable remittance payment services to its customers. Ria is also committed to best-in-class business relationships with its global agent and correspondent network, based on the principles of mutual respect, fairness and generally accepted business practices.
Willing to work in Ria means willing to work in a professional environment characterized by its diversity, dynamism and hard work. We, as our customers, come from very different cultures and horizons and this extremely vibrant context makes us even more open, proactive and productive.
Ria Financial Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Euronet Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: EEFT), leader in processing secure electronic financial transactions.
- This is a MS SQL Server DBA DevOps role largely responsible for providing monitoring solutions to all database services to the organization.
- Primary responsibilities of this role includes owning, tracking and resolving Monitoring database related incidents and requests, reviewing service related reports to all database servers and services (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, configuring and ensuring that database related monitors, alerts and escalations are working properly and being the most efficient as possible.
- Generating health reports based on monitors and metrics collected and managed by DBA DevOps;
- Provide tools to Ria Financial NOC team to monitor Database servers and quickly identify potential issues that may impact Ria Financial business.
- Ensuring and maintaining the readiness and operability in all Ria Financial datacenter database servers for the Ria Financial databases
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- The MS SQL Server DBA DevOps will be part of the DevOps Team, which is required to follow an on-site/on-call rotation including weekends to support the production environment.
- This position will include the Brazil DBA DevOps shift (from 4AM to 1PM Pacific Time) with a rotating weekend schedule
- At least 1 year experience as a Microsoft SQL Server DBA in SQL Server 2014 and above
- Experience with Database monitoring tools, Grafana, Icinga, Zabbix, RedGate.
- Experience with Scripting languages to create custom monitoring scripts using Powershell, Python, Ruby.
- Experience with SQL Server Replication.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization using monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience writing basic T-SQL queries and reports
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Pro-active monitoring of databases both from a performance and capacity management perspective.
- Perform database maintenance activities such as backup/recovery, replication, rebuilding and reorganizing indexes.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot and resolve database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention issues.
- Experience supporting and managing SQL databases in a 24x7 production environment
- Familiarity with release and change management principles and processes.
- Proficiency in capturing and analyzing requirements, presenting alternative solutions, recommending the appropriate design, developing the solution to meet the requirements and exceed customer expectation and maintaining the required documentation.
- Excellent organizational and workflow skills; ability to work on simultaneous projects with diverse working groups
- Team player with collaborative nature
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision in operational database projects
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
Knowledge of productivity tools and software such as Office and Visio
• 6 + years’ experience of SQL Server database administration within a high volume, transaction-oriented web environment
• Hands-on experience in relational database architecture, data modeling, database design, (logical, physical)
• Familiarity with data warehousing technologies and methodologies, BI/ETL tools and OLAP
• Familiarity with tools and software products for data model, schema development and master data management
• Thorough working knowledge of various business process and system modeling tools including: Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models, Context Models, Event Modeling, State Modeling, Process decomposition, and Use Case Scenarios.
• Excellent organizational and workflow skills; ability to work on simultaneous projects with diverse working groups
• Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable
• Ability to work well independently and within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Ability to follow standard processes and communicate effectively with the team regarding technical, progress and critical issues
• Ability to educate, communicate and present effectively with business and IT stakeholders to gain consensus on database initiatives