Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The Cloud Solutions Engineer will design, implement and deploy high availability public cloud solutions in partnership with microservices product engineering teams. You will plan and conduct technical tasks associated with the implementation and maintenance of AWS cloud application infrastructure. The Cloud Solutions Engineer collaborates with technical leadership, various product/technology teams, and business stakeholders to develop cloud solutions to meet operational goals for high availability, performance, stability, security and cost efficiency.
- Participate in system design planning, review, and implementation working groups with product engineering teams.
- Work with the stakeholders to set the standards and designs via reusable catalog of services that can be consumed by broader engineering teams.
- Define infrastructure standard frameworks, blueprints and artifacts for various cloud services exposed by the broader Infrastructure teams.
- Lead large and transformational infrastructure project implementations ensuring engineers develop technology solutions that are aligned with established technology roadmaps and standards.
- Partner with engineers and other infrastructure groups in the execution of technology product evaluations, proof of concepts, pilots and the technology adoption lifecycles.
- Validate all new technical design/solutions meet monitoring, runbook, cost and other operational requirements.
- Previous “hands-on” experience with Amazon Web Services operation, maintenance, implementation and design.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Linux systems (Redhat/CentOS).
- Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments
- Comprehensive experience with AWS technologies including S3, RDS, Redshift, EC2, ELB/ALB, IAM, SQS and Route53.
- Ability to code and script in administrative type language (e.g. Ruby, Python, PowerShell, Bash).
- Experience with orchestration technologies (e.g. AWS CloudFormation, VMware vRealize Automation, OpenStack, Red Hat Cloudforms).
- Proven experience to evaluate then introduce a wide variety of systems technologies and tools.
- Experience in creating both short and long-term cloud computing technology roadmaps based on an understanding of the organizational strategic directions, technology and business needs.
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills and work well in a team environment where the goal is to spread knowledge.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field.
- Masters (+ 5 years work experience) or Bachelor’s (+ 8 years work experience) degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Certifications desired in cloud computing (AWS, CompTIA, etc.) and Linux (Redhat, CentOS, etc.).
- Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.