Kinect Consulting is looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated DevOps Engineer. We are looking for engineer with excellent design and coding skills plus a passion for Cloud, DevOps, and CI/CD challenges to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for fulfilling all aspects of build and deployment activities across AWS environments including engineering, templating, creation and automation. You should have significant CI/CD experience and strong AWS system administration skills. Python development experience would also be helpful.
About the Opportunity
You are a motivated engineer who is passionate about building at scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and defining how hundreds of engineers can be productive on AWS. You thrive at simplifying hard problems and can articulate the solution to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You know there are tradeoffs between short-term productivity and long-term vision for the team, while being pragmatic about it. You have a deep understanding of AWS services and Cloud Infrastructure (DNS, Networking, VPC, EC2, Lambda, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc...) and how to best to use them, are passionate about cloud/infrastructure automation, and follow enhancements in the cloud industry.
- Provide DevOps technical leadership, experience, and expertise throughout all tasks
- Responsible for day to day operations of all in-house developed, open source, and commercial DevOps tooling owned by the team
- Work on AWS tools and services to build next generation automated CICD tools and pipelines.
- Ensure CICD tool implementations are based on Configuration-as-Code and Pipeline-as-Code strategies
- Responsible for integrating and maintaining Code Analysis and Code Security tools across multi-stage CICD platform
- Assist integrating and supporting performance and load testing tools across multi-stage CICD platform
- Automate AWS implementations for new cloud computing systems or existing systems migrating to cloud architectures
- Ensure security is integrated into all solutions developed.
- Advanced knowledge on cloud native CICD tools such as Gitlabs CI, AWS Bamboo, and AWS CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
- Advanced knowledge on IaC using CloudFormation and Terraform (nice to have)
- Advanced knowledge on build image automation such as Packer and Docker
- Advanced knowledge of CICD best practices, design and templating
- Intermediate knowledge on application deployment strategies i.e. Blue-green, canary and rolling
- Advanced knowledge on application monitoring/logging tools New Relic/ELK
- Intermediate knowledge on python/nodejs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate or Professional
- Experience with Gitlab and Packer
- Experience creating OS level automation for Windows environments
- Experience with Identity Management tools Okta or Auth0
- Experience with CICD Security tools such as Rapid7, Vericode
- The expected length of relevant prior experience beyond formal education is 5 or more years