We are looking for DevOps Cloud Engineer for our client in Wayne, NJ
Job Title: DevOps Cloud Engineer
Job Location: Wayne, NJ
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Cloud Platform and InfrastructureEngineering team is responsible for building private Cloud Platform and to automate infrastructure deployment/provisioning tools that developers & infrastructure teams will use to deploy and run code.
- Our goal is to make it easy for developers & infrastructure teams to provision environments, deploy systems, monitor, auto scale their applications.
- We are looking for a talented and versatile lead to join our team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and lead the creation and automation of operational processes and procedures, and continuous process improvement
- Ensures cloud infrastructure is properly patched, monitored, and maintained.
- Builds and leads a flexible, responsive, organization that has a high sense of urgency, and is very customer and value oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience
- AWS or similar cloud certifications preferred but not required
- 5+ years of professional hands on experience in building and maintaining with AWS, Azure and/or similar cloud platforms in large enterprise infrastructure
- Expert level knowledge of automation, configuration management and CI\CD tools including Ansible, Chef, Salt Stack, Puppet, Docker, Bit bucket,
- Strong hands on technical experience in compute, network and storage services running on major OS (Windows, Linux/Unix)
- Working knowledge of system deployment and configuration management tools (i.e. Squid, Puppet, Packer, Chef, Salt, etc.)
- Demonstrable knowledge of Ruby, Python
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications on cloud platforms
- Experience architecting and implementing CDN solutions
- Understanding of API Security and Management and services
- Understanding of DevOps concepts and Agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of security and risk, especially as it relates to patch and configuration management, logging, alerting, monitoring and auditing including PCI standards
- Proven track record with operational and availability monitoring and alerting using the ELK stack and APM monitoring tools, and integration of incident management and response tools such as Jira
- Enterprise e-commerce and retail domain knowledge preferred