Dodge Data & Analytics is North America’s leading provider of construction project information and analytics.Building Product Manufacturers, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and firms that support them, leverage Dodge to identify and pursue unseen growth opportunities and execute on those opportunities through industry-wide workflow solutions supported by Dodge. We are industry experts and forward-looking partners to many of the nation’s construction and building product manufacturing leading companies. Whether it’s on a local, regional or national level, we allow our clients to better understand their markets, uncover and size hidden growth opportunities, and pursue those opportunities. We do this by providing construction project information, key insights into industry relationships and integrated workflow tools. As we look ahead, we’re leveraging our 100-year-old legacy to reinvent ourselves and help the industry meet the building challenges of the future.
As a DevOps/Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible to assist and lead the support of the complex set of SaaS applications across distributed environments.
You will leverage your expertise as part of a growing multi-disciplinary team and aid in the comprehensive software platform and contribute new ideas regarding best practices for deploying, maintaining and optimizing Dodge’s infrastructure.
The ideal DevOps Engineer will have a strong work ethic with excellent skill sets in Sysadmin and/or infrastructure architect, scripting (i.e. PowerShell or Bash) and a basic understanding of RDBMS – Oracle and SQL Server. In addition, strong experience in software development (preferably in C#, .Net), designing scalable application and networkarchitecture and supporting multi-tiered web applications in the cloud (AWS).
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains - will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues.
- Work directly with the Infrastructure and DBA teams to triage and troubleshoot all escalations on the customer-facing application.
- Develop and Enhance SaaS/Cloud based applications.
- Work with local/remote Development/SQA teams to support the delivery, deployment, and operation of services.
- Work closely with the Developers/QA team to ensure quality on Product Releases.
- Automate / Develop / Enhance SaaS/AWS Cloud based Operations.
- Proactive Development of monitoring solutions for supported applications.
- Proactive identification and reactive troubleshooting of issues that arise with the application and escalate to engineering when necessary.
- Participate in code and feature reviews through the life cycle of the development project.
- Ensures that security standards, practices, and policies are incorporated into all application releases.
- Needs to be highly available and on-call for production outages.
- Perform active monitoring of application services, custom plugins/checks where required restore or recover from application service events and/or failures.
- Drive automation to reduce failures, manual tasks and therefore improving overall application performance, stability, and availability
- Experience in application support on AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Docker Data Center, Containers, OpenShift, Kubernetes
- Proven ability to administer and performance-tune windows and Linux systems, and othernetwork issues.
- Experience with developing basic code for automation tools to build, integrate, and deploy software. (Jenkins/ Hudson/Maven); a broad portfolio of AWS (CloudFormation, EC2, S3, etc.); continuous Integration/Configuration platforms and tools to automate infrastructure provisioning and deployment flow (Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Log analysis and customization using tools such as Sumo Logic, Logstash, etc.
- Ability to write code to automate the repeatable process.
- Experience with: optimizing applications, both stand-alone and in distributed systems to maximize performance; maintaining an infrastructure and ensuring stability while adding new features.
- Understanding of relevant software development tools including version control, build processes, debuggers, and test frameworks.
- Abundant experience in site reliabilityengineering (SRE).
- Master’s Degreepreferred; Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a DevOps or System Engineer.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years in software development role with current hands on experienceworking with .Net C#, Java, RESTful API’s.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in AWS, including detailed knowledge of ELB, EBS, EC2, Autoscaler, S3, RDS.
- 5-7years of industry experience in infrastructure or system engineering group.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology highly desirable.
Dodge Data & Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.