As part of the Cloud team, you will participate with the cloud architect, technical and business teams in implementation of hybrid and scalable computing, database, storage, and product delivery solutions from within Amazon Web Services Platform (AWS) and similar platforms. You will need to apply DevOps practices to the development of application systems and apply the practices to emerging security frameworks. Reduce infrastructure costs in a Cloud environment, future-proof Cloud designs and implementations, and stretch the edges of traditional security frameworks and platforms. Display the ability to think outside of the box.
Examples of projects include:
- Work with cloud architect in implementation of existing in-house processing environments to build hybrid on premise and cloud provisioned solutions to perform heavy thread image processing and other functions.
- Scripting automated deployment of applications to stacks on Linux/UNIX systems.
- Apply DevOps practices to setup automated code pipelines.
- Support cluster computing solutions for large, domain-specific computing jobs.
- Script solutions to manage machine clusters hosting high-availability applications and web services.
As products and services are designed and reengineered, you will be involved in the implementation and automation of systems using on premise and cloud-base resources. You'll be focused on implementation and maintenance of cloud-based systems including administration, performance tuning, optimization, scripting, automation, and reclamation.
This position requires a highly-motivated individual who can work in a fast-paced environment, learn and implement new technologies, and provide guidance to individual teams. As a DevOps engineering you collaborate daily with software development teams that operate in Scrum or Kanban and these teams rely heavily on your DevOps expertise as an enabler for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Script application deployment to stacks running on Linux/UNIX systems using CI/CD tools/technologies.
- Triage operating system and low-level services on Linux/UNIX related to the technology stack.
- Implement backup and recovery strategies for technology stacks.
- Implement monitoring, management, troubleshoot and issue resolution to systems and services hosted on cloud resources.
- Work with business units, software developers, security, and IT to build applications and services within AWS and/or other cloud providers.
- Support DevOps functions to best utilize cloud resources with software configuration management and continuous integration tools; improving quality, security, and time to deliver.
- Provide cross training and /or knowledge transfer to colleagues as necessary.
- Document processes and procedures in managing and securing infrastructure making sure best practices are always followed.
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX systems.
- Experience for using best practices to deploying applications to stacks running on Linux/UNIX.
- Hands-on knowledge from working with AWS technologies.
- Experience supporting the migration of systems to hybrid or fully cloud-based solutions.
- Prior development in formal software language required
- Implement the automation of backup and recovery strategies.
- Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores (we use PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with scriptinglanguages such as Python and Bash.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Past roles may include software developer and/or systems engineer.
- Experience establishing and working in a Virtual server environment
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Expertise in Linux/UNIX administration
- Expertise with scriptinglanguages such as Python, Bash, Ruby
- Expertise in implementing an automated code pipeline from packaging of software to deployment
Preferential Consideration for the Following:
- Experience working with AWS CLI
- Experience in C++ and/or Java
- AWS certifications
- Systems and Networking experience with AWS services
- Hands-on knowledge across the catalog of AWS technologies
- Department of Defense 8570 Compliance Certification