About the Business
Enterprise Services, Working better together.
Our teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help customers achieve lifetime financialsecurity. Through innovation and collaboration, we're striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S. and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value.
The primary purpose of the DevOps automation specialist is to work with the Enterprise DevOps team to automate existing manual process and assist in implementing the enterprise DevOps strategy by working closely with subject matter experts (SME) in specific technology areas to identify automation opportunities. S/he will also help govern and coordinate the movement of multiple automation releases through the build, test, and production environments. The automation team and its members ensures the knowledge is in place to efficiently coordinate automation efforts. The role communicates with managers, IT operations, Architects and project managers on a regular basis to help document key release milestones. The automation resource works closely with the DevOps architect and infrastructure architect to implement the enterprise DevOps automation strategy across SLF.
- In-depth Knowledge of Ansible core and Ansible tower
- Prior use of other CI/CD tools such as BitBucket, TFS, Jenkins, Maven etc
- In-depth knowledge of automation for bot application and infrastructure
- -Demonstrated understanding of automation and orchestration across multiple technologies
- Hand on experience with common automation and DevOps tools
Intermediate understanding of Enterprise methodologies, such as ITIL, CMMI, and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in executing processes using CMMI or ITIL
- Strong relationship management and consulting skills which results in proven
ability to quickly earn the trust of stakeholders
- Experience implementing and changing processes
- Solid business and technical acumen, with demonstrated agility in learning and ability to become comfortable with unfamiliar businesses areas or technologies
- Solid presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses a university degree and/or 5+ years relevant work experience
- 5-7 years Experience in cross functional technology system administration
- Excellent understanding of OS, Network, Database and middleware technologies
- A minimum of 4 years hands on experience using automation tools such as Ansible or Chef
- Must have a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience using DevOps tools such as Ansible, bit bucket, Git, Jenkins, Jira, artifactory, TFS, Maven
- A minimum of 2 year of automation development and management experience
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience of system and infrastructure administration
- A minimum of 3 years working in a SDLC delivery process
- Contribute to the automation of key manual processes and procedure using the standard SLF DevOps tools, processes and standards.
- Provide input to the development of the Enterprise DevOps automation Policy, Standards and processes as well as the integrated releaseschedules and plans for completed automation tasks.
- Maintain automation task status data required to create an integrated releaseschedule for automated processes and procedures Technical Services and Application Services.
- As automation and DevOps practices mature in the organization, the number of releases to production will increase. Maintain/govern automated tasks as they move through the build, develop, test, stage and release lifecycle.
- Execute on the automation strategy as it relates to the enterprise DevOps strategies.
- Ensure governance and alignment across multiple departments.
- Facilitate cross-department coordination to identify opportunities for automation of manual tasks or functions.
- Ensure all automation playbooks are compliant with SLF security directives and policies
- Provide expert level input to the build-out of an enterprise-wide automation release roadmap/calendar in partnership with change management and key stakeholders
- Produce metrics, reports and/or dashboards across the automation portfolio to aid in measuring the effectiveness of task, processes and procedure that have been automated
- Create automation playbooks and companion documentation as references, to help development and operations understand the logic and contents of the automated tasks
- Communicate with individuals involved in the various verticals to:
- Identify areas of automation and determine effective ways to implement
- Update automation release plans to keep rolling 12 month forecast accurate
- Educate business and operations SMEs on the use of automation tools, overall integration and seek feedback for improvement
- Always operate in strict compliance of security and change management directives