Automation Engineer DevOps
$120,000 - $180,000 but maybe higher for the right candidate
Why Work at Xela
Extremely competitive base salary along with a generous benefit package that includes Dental, Medical, Vision, and Retirement.
Xela has an immediate opening for a talented Automation Engineer in Aurora, CO. The qualified candidate would provide program level transformation using Agile/DevOps techniques to evaluate, identify and implement automation opportunities. This engineer will be an integral part of the team impacting the entire product lifecycle via improving predictability, minimizing human errors and providing rapid product deliveries.
The position is hands-on; therefore, the successful candidate will:
- Have strong implementation, diagnostic, and leadership skills.
- Have successfully implemented automation solutions at a previous location and will be expected to lead instead of being instructed.
- Uses technology to oversee or manage software development, test and integration automation processes.
The aim of this technology is to streamline the processes to make it efficient while still maintaining product quality and adhering to internal process instruction. This position needs an engineer who can adapt, work in a very fast-paced environment with plenty of rewarding automation opportunity.
Candidate needs to be able to:
- Identify new opportunities for automation within the current program processes.
- Engage with key stakeholders across Integrated Product Teams to assess current workflow processes.
- Design, implement, understand business processes and automation to help develop new DevOps process.
- Define the measures, metrics, and performance reporting processes to scope DevOps opportunities and assess measurable benefits.
- Document new concepts, test outcomes, and ongoing efficiencies.
- Program new automated templates or components for process improvement.
- Developing and maintaining clear and accurate documentation of automation processes.
- Develop and deliver DevOps Overview and in-depth training to team members in all disciplines.
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring automation technology.
- TS/SCI clearance with FSP
- Experience Configuring and Administrating Continuous Integration Environments, specifically via Jenkins.
- Experience with the use of common CI/CD Pipeline Tools such as Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, test automation tools, etc.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in object-oriented software design and development using C++ and/or Java.
- Software and system-level debugging experience including the ability to identify problems in established code and make modifications as necessary.
- Follow established SW processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance, management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, and segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts.
- Ability and interest in developing new skills related to DevOps and Continuous Integration