Our client is a leading global financial services firm, active in investment banking, wealth management, securities, and investment management services
They are looking for a talented software engineer to join their integration team in New York, working closely with application development teams and taking responsibility for environment management, automation, and deployments.
The DevOps Automation Engineer will also champion the move towards agileinfrastructure and scalable application delivery solutions for cloud-like hosting platforms.
- DevOps and building automation tools to support the development and operations teams.
- Recommend systems to solve problems or alleviate pain points.
- Work with development teams, IT/network operations, and the end users.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Equivalent in Computer Science, or other Science or Engineering
- Experience with Shell/PowerShell, WMI, Perl or otherscriptinglanguage(s)
- Ability to read and comprehend code in C/C++. C# and Matlab
- Experience in networkarchitecture & design
- Proficiency working in both Linux and Microsoft Windows environments
- Experience with SDLC Lifecycle of application products from inception to customer delivery
- Angular, HTML5, DotNet C# development experience a plus
- Familiarity with version control systems e.g. Git, CVS
- Familiarity with Jira or other similar issue and project tracking systems
- Familiarity with SQL and DB2databases
- An understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Basic knowledge of common protocols like HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/FIX/LDAP/DNS