We are looking for DevOps Architect for our client in San Jose, CA
Job Title: DevOps Architect
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The System/Cloud Administrator maintains a complex distributed system for service provider-class platform for:
- Video management, manipulation and distribution applications
- Data ingestion and management
- Computer vision video processing applications
- Visualization and presentation applications
- Work flow management
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead platform automation using set of cloud technologies including but not limited to cloud templates, scripting (e.g. python/shell), DNS, Compute, Storage etc.
- Build platform for operations readiness using monitoring and alerting tools
- Troubleshoot the platforms and maintain the operational platform status
- Troubleshoot application-to-application integration and interaction
- Resolve issues that arise in the production and lower environments in a timely manner
- Plan and deploy system-wide and/or component level upgrades to hardware and software
- Engineer reports for understanding platform trends, capacity planning, and partner SLA management
- Assist in developing and implementing new features and functionality
- Interface with various system teams to troubleshoot and resolve reported issues
You?ll need to have:
- 12 or more years relevant work experience
Even better if you have:
- Experience with building cloud configuration management, automation deployment
- Well versed with AWS technology EC2, Storage, VPC networking, VPN, Route 53, Lambda, RDS, ELB/Load balancer etc. Certification preferred.
- Cloud Automation ? Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ensile etc.
- Cloud Security?Security groups, VPN, Web Security, work with PenTest certification, experience with web certificates
- Experience with CDN deployment
- Experience with Linux/Unix OS system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, and security procedures, OS Patching etc.
- Monitoring and Operations tools like ? Nagios, Log monitoring, PagerDuty, DataDog etc.
- Experience with Linux/Unix OS system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, and security procedures.
- ExperienceWindows OS system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, and security procedures.
- Working Knowledge with Video Management System
- Working Knowledge of video analytics
- Working knowledge of GIS platforms and data mapping layers
- Working knowledge of DBs, SQL, Oracle, XML/SOAP, Restful API?s and Windows plugins
- Experience with hosted platform service providers with a preference in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered applications
- Deep understanding of system virtualization including bare metal and cloud hosted services
- Understanding of storage technologies.
- Strong understanding of networking, firewall, and certificate management
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Excellent communication skills for interaction with users at all levels. Strong ability to manage multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities. Takes initiative for self-management. Attention to detail is required.
- Cultivates and maintains positive relations with rest of team. Fully understands how the business relates to the technical aspects of the position. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and drive projects to closure
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, with ability to analyze complex workflows, prioritize multiple tasks and make key decisions