The DevOps Architect is the responsible for creating, leading and facilitating our Managed Services DevOps offering. This transformative position will lead both internal and external customers as they convert from traditional to DevOps delivery methods. The key goal of this position will be to establish a long-term business relationship with customers from transformation through operational management of DevOps tools and infrastructure.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for delivering the Managed Services DevOps Business Offering.
- Provide technical leadership in orchestration technologies, enterprise security and cloud agnostic solutions.
- Lead and train cross-functional teams in implementation of DevOps offering.
- Analyze emerging DevOps concepts and orchestration tools for incorporation in next-generation solutions.
- Be an agile and orchestration evangelist internal and external to CDW.
- Define coding standards for the development and implementation teams that ensures the security, quality and maintainability of offering.
- Implement CI/CD standards and best practices for use both internal and external to CDW.
- Define DevOps/SecOps security standards and best practices for use both internal and external to CDW.
- Implement cloud agnostic orchestration standards and best practices for use both internal and external to CDW.
- Implement application monitoring tools and standards for use both internal and external to CDW.
- Review and audit existing internal infrastructure to ensure capability to scale with offering.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization.
- Provide as needed updates on portfolio of key initiatives and their progress to the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or an IT, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 years' experience in DevOps architecture or related design or engineering roles.
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong automation skills and demonstrated experience driving automation initiatives.
- Significant experience designing and implementing CI/CD solutions (Jenkins).
- Significant experience designing and implementing cloud migration projects.
- Significant experience with infrastructure configuration, management and orchestration tools (Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Significant experience with configuration management tools (git, github).
- Significant development experience (Python, Go, Java)
- Significant experience with Agile software development.
- Experience with Application modernization.
- Experience with application performance monitoring solutions. (Datadog, New Relic).
- Experience with SecOps integration into Agile development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a high performing team environment.
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Relevant professional certifications (Agile, Cloud, Kubernetes etc.).
- Professional consulting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Strong attention to detail.