As a DevOps Architect, the candidate must be able to lead the build deployment, software configuration, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and release engineering process for a new platform initiative. The candidate must have demonstrable experience in guiding teamS on DevOps best practices including scalability and performance tuning processes. The candidate is responsible for collaborating with the team leads to coordinate the release schedule and resolve any issues that impact the release and deployment of the platform.
As part of the Data and Analytics group, the DevOps Architect should demonstrate innovation, constant learning, self-motivation and effective team participation. Good communication and interpersonal skills are required from the DevOps Architect. The DevOps Architect should demonstrate a willingness to share knowledge, excellent listening skills and strong analytical skills. The DevOps Architect must be able to work effectively under project and daily deadlines.
8+ years of experience in the following:
- DevOps, Release management and delivery to production
- Experience automating big data jobs in Hadoop / Cassandra Spark
- Automated deployment, Continuous integration, Continuous delivery and release engineering
- Experience writing build scripts using Python, Unix Shell (bash,ksh) and perl.
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Experience in running performance tests, monitoring and maximizing system availability
- Experience in monitoring application infrastructure and availability
- Experience working in Cassandra, Oracle
- Experience in automating deployment of Java EE application using CHEF highly preferred, automated deployment but not with Chef is ok
- Working closely with development, QA, Product management and operations team to ensure timely delivery of the release with quality
- Experience in sizing containers for scalable HA multi-tier cloud environments