Siemens has an opportunity as a Cyber Security team member on the Development and Operations Team (DevOps). The qualified applicant will be a team member in the development of automated analytics in a big data environment using python and other programming languages. You will work with state of the art tools, both purchased and in-house developed, to provide our analyst team with data to make human intelligent decisions.
The applicant’s primary objective will be to provide support for a large range of Linux based systems using automated system management tools and techniques. You will work with team members to investigate solutions that automate installation and processes on Linux servers, global management of processes, expand on development of processes and tools and other tasks as designated by management. You will be in a highly collaborative environment and will be exposed to advanced global Cyber Security related topics in a unique and big data environment. (ElasticSearch and Hadoop) Responsibilities:
The Cyber Security DevOps team member will be expected to maintain servers and provide techniques to help automate the processes and servers. Provide a high level of availability of the servers using techniques to automate the monitoring of the servers. Investigate and implement new methods to automated monitoring of the production servers and the processes on the servers. Documentation of issues encountered and providing researched solutions to the team. Tasks related to the job include:
• Maintain production systems and provide a high level of availability.
• Deployment and support of the ELK stack.
• Moloch experience with pcap capturing and usage of the search interfaces.
• Deployment and support of Kibana
• Integrating open-source, in-house developed, and commercial products such as Jira, Confluence, Arcsight and Linux scripting.
• Work collaboratively with Cyber Analysts and other colleagues to architect solutions and maintain the solutions in the production environments.
• Share techniques and practices with the rest of the team personally and within our wiki.
• Work with existing source management systems to maintain our automated tools for managing our servers and process. Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field
• 2 plus years’ experience in the Cyber Security DevOps environment
• Proficiency working within Linux and Bash scripting
• Basic understanding of Networking and Network Protocols
• Required Travel: <5% The following knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but not required to be considered for this position.
• Experience with distributed search and analytics engine
• Development languages such as Python #LI-JT1
Requisition Number: 222456