- Provides Operational Support to Developers while acting as a liaison between Infrastructure and Development teams.
- Perform legacy software deployments while providing direct feedback to the automation team for continued transition to “continuous deployment”.
- Work with engineers to create and maintain documentation for infrastructure systems, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with System Engineers and other OSAs to help ensure standardization of technologies between different projects.
- Help promote Systems Engineering projects to the development team.
- Participate in and serve as a resource for infrastructure related projects.
- May be required to work occasional evenings and weekend hours to support production releases and resolve system issues.
- On-call duties
- Duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong documentation/writing skills.
- Strong Administration knowledge of Linux based OSs, especially CentOS/Redhat 6.x or higher.
- Understanding of JAVA/JVM stack and deploying WAR files.
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud concepts.
- Understanding of Virtualization, including public clouds like AWS.
- Automate tasks using Configuration Management Tools like (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack)
- Scriptingexperience in one or more of Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash.
- Performance tuning and monitoring using tools like Nagios/Cacti/etc.
- Upgrading and patching
- Self-starter with a strong ability to use initiative and work autonomously under tight commercially sensitive deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong service oriented focus with a customer service attitude
- 2+ yearexperience as a Linux administrator
- Strong analytical skills. Solid foundation in working with various flavors of Unix/Linux operating systems on heterogeneous hardware platforms.
- Certification (preferred, not required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experiencepreferred, not required).
Job Location Salt Lake City, Utah, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular