Wolfspeed (Cree’s Power & RF division) has an opening in R&D for a Device Scientist for RF device and MMIC technology development. This will be a technical lead on efforts to develop the Wolfspeed GaN HEMT technology for a Telecom Market Segment. The position will entail all aspects of developing the technology for these purposes including RFsemiconductor device design, MMIC/device process development and measurement.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- We can offer an opportunity to enter into breakout field of wide-bandgap technologies for worldwide telecommunications market
- Technically challenging device and process development that can have high-impact to business growth
- Potential for high visibility in your field, working for the leader in wide-bandgap technology and manufacturing
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Develop GaN HEMT S-, C-, Ku-band and MMW device and MMIC technology for improved telecom performance.
- Develop advanced process flows, travelers and inspect wafers through the fabrication process.
- Prepare scientific and technical proposals for securing funding from various Government funding agencies.
- Make technical presentations. Be able to travel.
- Coordinate with team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop fabrication processes for Ku-band and MMW devices and MMICs.
What you need for success:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field is required.
- Extensive experience in III-V or GaN-related microwave device development.
- RF device design for linearity improvement.
- Previous hands-on experience with physical device modeling techniques.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain US Secruity Clearance.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5+ years experience in design and fabrication of RF microwave and MMW devices, particularly those requiring e-beam lithography.
- RF measurement experience at Ku-band and MMW frequencies a strong plus.
- RFcircuit design background a strong plus.
- Current Department of Defense Security Clearance.
- Areas of competence should include Etch, Photolithography, Metal deposition, Diffusion, Wet Processing, Implant, NPI, DOE’s and backend processing.
- Ability to develop custom device testing methods: DC, Pulsed and RF.
- Familiar with the basics of databases and statistical process control.
- Software and programming background: VisualBasic, LabView, JMP scripting or other environments.