Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
SAS is focused on being the World's Best Foundry product supplier.
SAS is seeking a highly driven candidate to join the Device Integration team. As a Device Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for optimization of transistor performance to maximize product yield and improve quality and reliability. You will either work on sustaining existing mature technology nodes, or on developing/ramping immature technology. A deep understanding of device physics and process is required for this position, plus basic knowledge in DC/Electrical Test, Reliability and Design for Manufacturing.Role and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Design/implement knobs for device performance and yield improvement.
- Routine monitoring of device trends, and timely response to shifts or abnormality.
- Support process or integration team with evaluation of device impact by process conversions.
- Interact directly with Foundry customers regarding parametric yield / device performance issues.
- Clearly communicate ideas or opinions thru written reports and oral presentations.
- Candidate can be considered for team lead role in the future.
- Bachelors in Science or Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Chemical, Material Science, or related areas) required. Masters or PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience required in semiconductor industry. 5+ years preferred.
- Foundry experience / Direct External Customer interaction experience is preferred.
- SPICE modeling/simulation and MHC experience preferred.
Device physics, semiconductor process technology
Digital circuit design, SRAM operation and test
JMP or Spotfire
* Please visit Samsung membership
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.