- Description :
The Device Design Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and validation of optoelectronic products at Inphenix.
- Responsibilities :
- Design, simulation and analysis of III-V semiconductor lasers, semiconductor optical amplifiers, superluminescent diodes.
- Work with team of process development and engineering to define fabrication process, mask layout, process flow, and test requirements.
- Perform evaluation of devices to confirm that products meet design objectives and customer requirements.
- Requirements :
- 3 to 5 years experience in the optoelectronics field with a proven track record in III-V material design from development to manufacture.
- Demonstrated understanding of multi-quantum-well layer design, optical waveguide design, device performance simulation, and semiconductor fabrication processes.
- Especially preferred the experience of GaAs lasers grown by MOCVD.
- Team player with good communication skills and strong technical writing ability.
- PhD or MS in Physics or Semiconductor Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Other Desired Skills and Abilities :
- Experience with commercial design and simulation software packages.
- Strong device characterization ability with CW and high-speed measurements skills.
- Strong data analysis ability including database management and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with reliability testing, and qualification standards.
- Understanding of manufacturing flow and control, ISO9000, and new product development protocol