In this role, you will support the hardware/software integration, application development, and deployment of ARCore's device calibration protocols. You will be the OEM’s point-of-contact for all calibration related concerns and provide feedback to both the OEMs and our team on the software, electrical, and mechanical aspects of ARCore's device calibration production fixtures. You will also manage the day-to-day relationships and define specifications for vendors who will be supporting the development and fabrication of our calibration protocols.
As a Device Calibration System Engineer, you will work closely with both internal and external teams and collaborate with third-party partners to define and validate cost reduction solutions that will improve our calibration for future products and help us scale up.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Become the ARCore point of contact for OEM production Engineers.
- Deploy ARCore device calibration protocols for fabrication.
- Manage vendors and define specifications for fabricating calibration test fixtures in Asia.
- Assist in rapid prototyping of new hardware and software concepts for device calibration.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing, mechatronics, robotics, or a related space.
- Experience working with Linux toolchains and environments (Bash scripting, Git, make, etc).
- Experience programming using C++.
- Master's degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Hardware or software experience with sensor modules (cameras, IMUs, depth sensors).
- Experience working with electronics manufacturers in Asia.
- Ability to speak Mandarin and/or Korean.