Education or Certification Requirements: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience Requirements: 8+ years’ experience in non-profit development; Experience in donor centric communication desired.
Flexible, adaptable, results-oriented, highly organized, self-starter, creative, quick learner, positive attitude, proven team player and leader.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- • A sound working knowledge of fundraising, operational and financial principles.
- • Sensitive to Christian-based fundraising.
- • Experience in marketing and strategic fundraising message development.
- • The ability to comprehend and effectively communicate Cross Catholic Outreach’s mission to donors and team members.
- • Proven experience in fundraising, strategic planning and execution of major and middle donor gifts campaigns.
- • Proven ability to work independently and take initiative in effectively communicating Cross’ major and middle donor projects and goals.
- • Proven ability to oversee budget development and systematic monthly/quarterly and annual reviews to ensure profitability.
- • Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and resolve problems quickly.
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English, as well as superior interpersonal, organizational and motivational skills.
- • Familiarity with donor/customer database management and online fundraising tools is required. Strong technical skills and proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, is strongly desired.
- • Ability to be an effective team member, motivator and team leader.
- • Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- • Ability to accompany donors and staff on international vision/mission trips to visit Cross projects in developing countries.
Responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Cross Catholic Outreach’s leadership annual donors, i.e. donors giving between $1,000-$5,000 annually. The supervisor will lead a team responsible for raising funds for Cross Catholic Outreach’s signature fundraising campaigns, broadening the base of support, and strengthening the major donor pipeline.
- • Under the direction of the Director and Manager, alight donor desires and campaign offerings with key company goals.
- • Serve as the Major Donor Department’s liaison for the program development and analysis for assigned annual fundraising campaigns for assigned donor groups.
- • In collaboration with Cross’ marketing department, conduct routine testing of the effectiveness of campaign materials and messaging, survey donors’ responses to campaign solicitations, and test segmented mailings.
- • Develop a donor uplift process to strengthen the major donor pipeline with a goal of moving up donors in giving and engagement in close collaboration with the Development Manager and Director.
- • Develop and implement lapsed donor solicitation strategy for assigned donor groups.
- • Enhance donor stewardship programs, specifically the new donor welcome process, for assigned donor groups.
- • Increase the number of donors contributing monthly to Cross Catholic Outreach and collaborate with marketing to ensure these donors are cultivated and stewarded well and uplifted to major donors or planned giving.
- • Lead, manage, support and evaluate International Development Associates, each managing portfolios of 1300+ donors. Utilize this team to welcome new donors, visit donors, thank donors, follow-up on campaign solicitations and other key initiatives related to the department’s goals.
- • Spearhead weekly coaching to team members and monitoring of sales skills, calling goals and donor cultivation and stewardship responsibilities of team.
- • Pay key role in managing and forecasting the revenue budget for the assigned donor groups.
- • Responsible to adhere to the annual benchmarks for assigned donor groups and team members.
- • Provide reports to the director for submission to the Cross Catholic Board on a quarterly basis regarding department activities and financial accountability.
- • Contribute to short and long-term organizational and fundraising planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- • Spearhead special projects as they are assigned.
- • Represent the department in meetings where necessary.
- • Uphold established department protocols.
- • Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.