Development Project Manager
Boston- Metro South
Reports To: Senior Project Director
The Development Project Manager is responsible for a variety of project management tasks including: the coordination and oversight of the architect and general contractor during construction, interfacing with elected officials and municipal staff, utilizing complex financial models necessary to analyze the feasibility of development projects, creating investor/lender presentation packages, and various other development project management duties.
The Development Project Manager will also be responsible for assisting in the preparation and tracking of project budgets and project proformas to ensure that development projects are completed on schedule, within budget and in compliance with the terms of joint venture and loan agreements.
The successful Development Project Manager candidate will thrive in an environment that is collaborative. The Development PM will interface frequently with key members of the Property Management division, as well investment partners and senior leadership within the organization. This is a “flat” organization where no task should be deemed “too big or too small” for the Development PM. There is significant opportunity for growth and participation in a wide variety of real estate development tasks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate internal and external project team including design consultants, construction, legal, leasing, marketing and property management.
- Work with team to track potential changes to project schedule and budget.
- Attend project meetings and hearings during permitting process and support senior staff with various follow-up work.
- Review permitting documents and coordinate with consultants to provide technical feedback/assistance.
- Track project details as design evolves (update construction cost estimates, gross and rentable square footages, etc.)
- Maintain project plans, reports, images, etc.
- Maintain & update development materials for internal review and presentation, includes project reports, budgets, and schedules.
- Develop and maintain real estate proformas, financial models, budgets and relevant project reporting tools
Our client is a real estate investment, development and management firm based in Braintree, MA. The firm has concentrated its acquisitions and development efforts on multi-family residential communities throughout New England, having developed/acquired over 16,000 units and have over 10,000 units under management.
- 5-7 years professional work experience; Candidate will ideally have a background in construction management, real estate investment & finance, development or architecture.
- Experience with multifamily residential product from a development, operations or construction perspective strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance.
- Working knowledge of the construction management process; demonstrated ability to interface with the general contractor and project design team; experience responding to owner-related construction inquiries and job progress reporting.
- Must have analytical skills and ability to understand how a financial model works.
- Knowledge of key financial concepts and metrics as they relate to the real estate industry, including capitalization rates, internal rates of return, cash-on-cash returns, etc. strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of engineering and architectural plans.
- Working knowledge of contract law, zoning law, and construction management.