Purpose of Job
This position will focus on real estate lending experience and process execution related development activities.
This job represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. This requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Must be able to collaboratively work within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from the business. This position serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. This position is responsible for prioritizing the execution team‘s work so that it aligns with the sponsor’s/business executive’s strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
We are currently seeking talented Development Product Owner I - Real Estate for our San Antonio, TX - University Park #3 facility.
- Can work independently on medium to large complexity efforts, or in support of a Senior or Lead on larger efforts.
- Incumbents work efforts in different technologies (infrastructure, mobile, MSR-facing), and/or with vendor partnerships or software.
- May be an expert in a particular business or system domain.
- Identify and engage and influence business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Work with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand and validate business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serve as direct representative of the business with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers’ perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations.
- Assist with project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Manage, prioritize, and assess the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the project level.
- Review, and when appropriate, accept and prioritize feedback and new requirements from stakeholders.
- Review and accept or decline output of development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepare the business for the change and arm them with tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Assists with coaching less experienced DPOs and team members.
- For Agile project level teams, elicit, create, own and maintain a prioritized work backlog(s) based on a balance of investment and business value for single or multiple work streams. Product backlog(s) can include complete user stories so that they are consumable and testable by the Agile team or program.
- For Waterfall projects, lead, manage or orchestrate activities towards the development and completion of business deliverables to include validating investments and eliciting and documenting business requirements. Assist with translating them into functional system specifications, and on developing the best IT design.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ years of relevant experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business operations/product line
- Familiarity or working knowledge with multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable databases
- Process Engineering methodologies and Change Management practices
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 2+ years mortgage industry experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business operations/product line or relevant work experience with Agile
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles (i.e., Agile, Waterfall)
- Advanced knowledge of Business Management Methodology, Change Management practices and Process Engineering methodologies
Job Number: R0013526