The ASRC DevOps Manager is responsible for the software development delivery process as well as software operations across the ASRC portfolio of custom applications as wells as extensions to commercial off the shelf software applications. This individual ensures the team is managed, non-functional and functional requirements are understood and met, and projects are prioritized based upon business need and risk. You'll help ASRC and ASRC shareholders with application optimization, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions such as Oracle Cloud ERP and roadmap development for our Shareholder Stock Application Portfolio. The DevOps Manager will oversee or collaborate in compliance efforts and audits for both the department and the enterprise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (and other duties as assigned)
- Responsible to understand skills and experience across internal and external resources to be able to communicate the resource utilization and capacity to both internal IT management and customers.
- Responsible to develop a testing strategies and test plans as well as managing a testing process.
- Responsible to monitor and maintain systems as well as setting up contracts with business partners or vendors to supply such services.
- Communicate with management, project stakeholders, project managers, and user communities regarding project/portfolio needs for software development, scheduling, and funding.
- Organize multi-department teams and interact with users, developers, and process owners to analyze business & technical processes and gather application and technical requirements.
- Apply Agile/SCRUM methodology to determine work prioritization and to complete objectives.
- Perform risk analysis and scenario review to determine organizational and application risks and mitigation strategies. Advise, design, and implement necessary detective, preventive, and corrective controls both within on-premise applications and cloud Platform as a Service applications.
- Manages the quality of enterprise applications and related data. Identify and implement manual and automated review procedures, give regular assurance and feedback, and interact with the user community.
- Ensures small and frequent changes with focused value to the end customer are delivered. All changes are well communicated and collaborated internally.
- Will proactively collaborate and plan DevOps activity and projects around key events within the business community, including month end close cycles, budget cycles, tax reporting compliance, dividend payment, record-date certificate issuances, and Board of Directors election.
- Lead and work with our third party enterprise application vendors to collaborate and resolve high severity issues (i.e. Oracle ERP Cloud, Concur Travel & Expense, Benefit Focus, IBM TM1, Compliance Bridge, LaserBeam, etc).
- Manage the functional and non-functional testing cycles for frequent updates to our enterprise cloud based applications to ensure that impacts are understood and adequately tested.
- Manages vendor relationships for software development.
- Supervise engineers, technicians, developers, and teams with responsibility for requirements gathering, risk analysis, quality, mockup/design, development, and implementation work. Contribute to the development of yourself and your team's technical acumen as well as train, coach, and supervise staff in addition to managing third party vendors.
- Provide support for both the application support team and the user communities as tools and processes change or are augmented by automation causing a cultural shift.
- Manages project and departmental budget and accounting, including capitalization determination and project close-outs.
- Provide application training and user assistance as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred in Computer Science, Engineering, or Finance
- 5+ years prior work experience in software development management, quality assurance, IT audit, risk, or application development
- Prior professional experience leading teams of diverse backgrounds, with geographic and time zone differences.
- Experience leveraging both cloud and on-prem application architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Data, Mapping and Workflow tools, Application Servers, Application Architecture and Implementation, and Governance Designs.
- Demonstrate extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas: Thinking creatively, and possessing problem solving skills and individual initiative. Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts. Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses or large and complex data. Demonstrating proven thorough abilities as a team member. Understanding personal and team roles. Demonstrating experience with automation and configuration management. Implementing industry leading practices and IT operations to be always up and always available service.