Wally Labs is a product-centric, hardware and software startup within Sears. The growing team is made up of startup veterans, experienced execs, and passionate individuals who are driven to build solutions that truly deliver on the Connected Home dream. Our WallyHome platform is already best in class for mitigating and preventing water damage, but that is just the start of our mission. We are tackling hard problems that will make a material impact on your friends' and family's lives! If you are excited about making people's homes smarter and safer, and you will not settle for anything less than elegance and ease of use, we would love to get to know you.
Our team at Wally Labs is looking for a Development Ops Engineer in either our Seattle, WA or Chicago, IL development offices. Your responsibilities will include optimizing our development, testing, and deployment cycle, and owning critical parts of our AWS infrastructure and best practices. You will make sure the team can deliver code to production as fast as possible, while still ensuring that automated unit and integration testing processes have vetted each commit.
As our Development Ops Engineer at Wally, you will:
- Develop, maintain and expand our code test, release, and deployment platform
- Build systems to monitor and ensure best practices in production systems
- Optimize the time from code commit to deployment by speeding up existing test automation and build processes
- Be responsible for the overall health and efficiency of our production infrastructure, including ensuring that our systems scale smoothly under load and identifying underutilized resources
- Manage software deployments for production as well as continuous integration for development
- Our ideal Development Ops Engineer will have:
- Experience leading teams of engineers focused on operational excellence
- 5+ years' experience working on test and deployment automation
- Strong skills in Java or Python
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience with Docker
- Experience across the AWS Ecosystem, especially CloudFormation, ECS, Lambdas, API Gateway, Kinesis, RDS, SQS
- A Computer Science or related degree.
Req/Job ID: 928259BR