As a Development Manager on our Workforce Management team you will be working on our ground-breaking solution that helps companies increase their efficiencies through tracking time, attendance and intelligent scheduling of their employees. Your will be leading a development team through the entire lifecycle of our software including design, analysis, prototyping, development, testing andsupport of our products. You willwork closely and collaborate with clients, prospects, implementation partners, and Dayforce personnel to envision and deliver therequired functionality. Yourresponsibilitieswill include but will not be limited to:
- Lead one or more agile software development teams consisting of highly skilled software developers, test engineers and QA analysts;
- Support and facilitate agile software development including daily scrums, planning and grooming meetings, assessment of risks, removal of impediments, regular product demonstrations and retrospectives;
- Work effectively with Product Manager/Product Owner to prioritize and plan software deliveries including sprint and release planning, product backlog maintenance and refinement;
- Work with other development team to identify and remove cross-team dependencies;
- Perform all functions of HR management such as performance and career development, hiring, recognition, compensation, attendance management, coaching and orientation;
- Providing effective leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to their best performance;
- Evaluate tools, technologies, and methodologies for the general use within the work force management team.
- Write and review software designs, solutions, code and test plans as needed and provide technical directions to the team at all stages of development;
- Remaining current on emerging software development methodologies and technologies and ensuring team is also actively involved through education, research and networking.
- Continuously observe, assess, recommend, and execute improvements to development process, and the working environment.
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering;
- Experience in managing agile software development teams;
- Extensive experience in enterprise software development including analysis, programming and testing;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to build and present effective business presentations;
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing priorities and projects;
- Understanding of technical architectures, capacity planning, tool requirements, automation plans, organizational readiness and product launch plans and other deliverables;
- Strong technical vision;
- Demonstrated track record in hiring, developing and retaining exceptional talent.
- Solid object-oriented programming using C# or Java;
- ASP .NET MVC 4 or other MVC web frameworks;
- Domain experience in Human Capital Management (Time & Attendance, Scheduling, HR, Payroll, etc.)