As a member of Santander's retail banking division you'll help serve Santander's retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander's retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Associate, Sales & Service Support focuses on the execution of a best-in-class internal communication strategy to assist banking centers in meeting goals and providing the nation's best banking experience.
- Responsible for developing tools and resources to support the execution of Santander Coaching.
- Create content for monthly Jump Starts, skill-builders and Santander Performance Practice modules (SPP).
- Develops and implement internal communication strategies, plans and tactics that support the business goals and objectives.
- Lead high performing project teams by influence, and ensure delivery both on-time and within scope.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to build sound and responsible processes.
- Form strong working relationships with strategic partners such as those in Investments, Business Banking, and Mortgage.
- Partner with analytic teams to create impact analyses to inform decision making
- Work closely with Sales and Service Strategy teams to determine the appropriate processes to incorporate new behavior initiatives to the field
- Manages change within the programs and evaluates risks and assesses potential impacts on delivery to the Network, builders.
- Gain feedback from field support to maintain a strong field connection and make recommendations.
- Responsible for launch and ongoing management of major strategic initiatives.
- Conduct field visits as appropriate to understand trends and best practices and makes recommendations based on findings.
- 3-5 years of previous retail banking experience.
- 1-3 years of experience managing retail field teams
- Ability to lead a project team to deliver (on time) project objectives.
- Ability to maintain a structured and targeted timeline for deliverable and communicate progress and deficits effectively.
- Experience in retail banking sales and service.
- Ability to demonstrate advance knowledge of and experience with Power Point, Word and Excel.
- Strong communication, facilitation, interpersonal, problem solving and team building skills.
- Well-written in both colleague communication and proposals.
- Bachelor's Degree; in Finance, Business Administration, Insurance, Economics, Communications or Equivalent field.
- 5-9 years of professional experience.
- Experience in customer service, sales related occupations.
- License/Certification/Designation: ChFC, CLU, other industry designations desirable.
- Ability to apply independent judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications necessary in order to talk to producers/customers about product features and to help in the sales process.
- Highly organized and able to work independently.
- Proficiency with computers and common office software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to use financial models.
- Understands state and local laws necessary to understand the legal implications of certain product features in different states.
- Understands the consequences of not following the FINRA rules
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Organizes and prioritizes workload and tasks for oneself and team members.
- Actively plans ahead for routine and cyclical work,Probes in-depth to understand the customer's business needs.
- Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria.
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case.