About the Role
In this opportunity as Development Manager, you will:
- Be a People Leader: manage a team of software engineers located on-site and remote with varied skills and experience levels. Coach and mentor current and future leaders within the group, be responsible for identifying individual training needs proactively, conduct performance reviews and maintain a healthy team culture
- Be a Project Leader: train/coach team members in project delivery. Strategically plan, design and implement software to deliver value to customers, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Be a Technical Leader: implement best practices as a knowledge expert in SDLC, object-oriented software design, business intelligence, testing and release, working in an agile framework and being an advocate for agility within the team and with stakeholders
- Be an efficient Stakeholder Manager: collaborate and engage with external and internal stakeholders such as business teams and product owners in defining road map for products and processes. Act as point of contact in resolving stakeholder issues
- Be Customer-Driven: deliver the quality of solutions that make workflows and analytics easy for our customers to integrate while continuing to serve their needs
- Be a Decision Maker: make quick and effective data-driven decisions, with good problem solving and analytical skills to infer qualitative and quantitative data and roll-out strategy that aligns with company goals
- Focus on quality, continuous improvement, and technical standards – keep service focus on reliability, performance, and scalability while driving productivity and software development/architecture improvements. Prepare technical specifications and align with industry best practices.
You're a fit for the role of Development Manager, Reporting and Analytics if you:
- Experience in building, growing and managing teams of various sizes
- Have 5+ years of experience developing end to end Data warehouse & BI solutions dealing with extracting high volume, high velocity data from relational/non-relational data sources, applying complex transformation rules and processing them for reporting & analytical applications.
- Have experience working with at least one Data warehouse tools & technologies like Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query, SAP BW, Snowflake or similar.
- Have experience working with at least one reporting & analytics tools & technologies like Jaspersoft Report Sever, Power BI, Tableau or Amazon QuickSight.
- Have experience working with application hosted in public cloud platform like AWS, Azure or similar
- Have hands-on experience and deep knowledge of Java EE and Spring framework, relational database systems like Oracle, Postgres, SQL, fundamental software engineering principles, REST API development.
- Oversee system performance and scalability with the ability to solve problems in large, complex software systems.
- Have expertise in driving technology strategy and execution, while establishing strategic partnerships and delivering against product requirement.
- Deeply understand agile principles and have a proven track record of on-time project delivery following agile development methods and applying best practices.
- Are an effective communicator with relevant experience leading and influencing others, demonstrating an ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners.
- Possess strong knowledge of modern technologies, with proficiency in the areas of automation, DevOps, cloud native architecture, and system monitoring.
- Have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or related technical field is preferred
- Have knowledge of indirect tax business domain is preferred.