$150K — $200K *
You are a Team Lead looking for a step up to a Development Manager role that combines people and tactical responsibilities or a Development Manager looking for a new opportunity. You want to join a global organization that operates like a scale-up: responsively, rapidly, and with agility. You thrive in a role that combines coaching and mentoring individuals with client relationship building. You are results-driven and can inspire people to take ownership and stay motivated while influencing and guiding the team's technical decisions and priorities.
What's in it for you:
Leadership. As part of a group building the UI architecture for the heart of our product, you will play a key role in our trajectory. Cutting edge tools, people retention, and high standards lead directly to customer success and satisfaction, all of which are paramount to our growth strategy.
Agility. We are in the process of building a brand new architecture for the next generation Dayforce product. This is a massive modernization effort that will leverage new technologies such as Blazer, Maui, and exciting new Microsoft technologies.
Teamwork. Our inclusive, supportive workplace culture fosters an environment of continuous learning, professional development, collaboration, and a chance to blend in-office and remote working long before and after the COVID-19 crisis.
Growth. We are a rapidly scaling company with a focus on promoting from within. This is a global organization with more opportunities than people where we encourage you to express and pursue areas and projects that interest and inspire you. You will have a chance to move up a Senior Manager, Director, or across to a different group.
As our new Development Manager, you will:
● Lead and grow a best-in-class team. You will oversee a 10+ member cross-functional Agile development team, hiring, onboarding, coaching, and supporting individuals. You will foster a culture of ownership, promote a highly collaborative environment, and mentor the team to improve development and testing processes.
● Empower the team. You will remove roadblocks and prioritize tasks allowing the team to build world-class UI frameworks (including components that are the building blocks of the UI architecture). You will partner with the UI/UX team to deliver ongoing enhancements to the user experience.
● Manage new feature requests. You will elicit needs and map out requirements and specifications with internal clients requesting new feature developments. You will "inner source" the work to internal resources outside of your direct team and oversee the effort to ensure the UI architecture components are developed in a high-quality way.
● Guide the modernization of the application's UI codebase. You will work with leaders across R&D on the prioritization of dependencies and roadmap planning. You will collaborate with teams to drive ongoing refactoring efforts such as accessibility remediation and migration to the latest UI frameworks such as React.
● Build strong relationships. You will work closely with R&D leaders and teams, maintaining a shared sense of responsibility, collaborating to prioritize and align work with business objectives.
● Implement best practices. You will drive efficiencies by promoting UI best practices that maximize quality, maintainability, and scalability of code, as well as improve the team's Agile best practices and processes.
What you bring:
● The experience. You have 7+ years of progressive experience in a software development environment and 3+ years leading software teams that you have helped grow. Ideally, you have an interest in Human Capital Management.
● The knowledge. You excel at collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders. You have strong business acumen and you understand the impact of decisions on various aspects of the business and customers. You have experience planning, facilitating, and managing risk and change management across teams.
● The Agile approach. You have expertise following an Agile Scrum methodology and in-depth knowledge of delivery best practices across all facets of the software development life cycle. You have experience planning activities with complex dependencies within and across teams. A forward thinker, you continually strive to improve the tools, technologies, and approaches used to exceed customer expectations.
● The team leadership and interpersonal skills. You can inspire and motivate teams with your hands-on technical expertise, your coaching skills, and your willingness to roll up your sleeves to help solve challenging problems in a fast-paced environment. You can confidently build networks and nurture relationships within teams, with peers, clients, and senior leadership. You have outstanding communication, negotiation, and prioritization skills. You can balance needs and requirements, generate consensus, pivot to respond to needs, and work through ambiguity.
Our culture, our values
At Ceridian, our values - Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility - are built on a robust framework, guided by an engaged leadership and brought to life by the innovative, enthusiastic people who make up our diverse teams. This is a place where you can commit, express your ideas through engagement surveys and forms, and gain recognition.
Valid through: 4/19/2021