The Park Companies is in need of a dynamic Development Manager who will oversee and manage both new construction and the acquisition/rehabilitation of multifamily properties from conception through design, construction and lease up. The manager will work directly with Senior Development Leadership and have responsibility for the planning, site assessment, pro-forma modeling, project closing coordination and project management of new developments being added to join our existing portfolio.
Primary Responsibilities: Perform the day-to-day activities associated with project acquisition and development including but not limited to:
- Locating and evaluating both existing properties for acquisition and rehabilitation and land for new construction
- Negotiation of land purchases with Sellers including drafting of Letters of Intent and Earnest Money Contracts; track all milestones during the contract process
- Assist with the development of budgets and timelines for the various stages of acquisition and development
- Coordinate with project consultants during the due diligence process including architects, engineers, appraisers, market analysts, surveyors, and title companies
- Review due diligence material related to each project being developed
- Primary responsibility for the preparation of housing tax credit applications throughout the Southeastern US.
- Coordinate with and assist the construction personnel as needed to assure that timelines are being followed; adherence to plans and specifications, and assist with accurate budget forecasts. Assist construction and management departments to assure orderly and efficient transfer of buildings from construction to property management and to ensure compliance with State regulations as outlined in the various successful applications.
- Work directly with relocation team to track and monitor relocation of existing tenants on acquisition/rehab developments through completion of the project.
- Work directly with, and create relationships with all necessary public officials and neighborhood groups in markets being considered for development. Serve as company representative during city/county presentations, etc.
- Point of contact for equity/debt closings, driving process from inception to close.
- Establish, update and maintain project budgets and schedules and consistently communicate updates in a timely manner to all appropriate parties.
- Assist lenders and syndicators on project related due diligence requirements throughout the total development period from providing initial due diligence documents as required by the lender/syndicator to obtaining IRS forms 8609 for each respective project.
- Assist in the preparation of development and pipeline reports for personnel to be used in connection with weekly staff meetings.
- Assist senior management on strategic planning, potential markets and other development related opportunities.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters Preferred).
- Minimum 2years of related work experience in real estate development or finance.
- Advance level working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Highly developed ability to multitask and manage multiple projects with competing demands and deadlines.
Ability to assess a situation and modify behavior or adapt to the situation in order to achieve the best outcome.