Who We Are
Bakkt unlocks the $1.2+ trillion that is currently held in digital assets like cryptocurrencies, rewards and loyalty points, gift cards, and gaming assets. We began in 2018 with the vision to bring trust and transparency to digital assets by showing people that they hold more value than they realize. We serve institutional clients through the Bakkt Warehouse and Bakkt® Bitcoin Futures and Options contracts in an end-to-end regulated market with true price transparency. Merchants that partner with Bakkt see a lower cost of payment acceptance, enhanced customer engagement, and increased loyalty redemption options.
For consumers like you, the Bakkt App allows you to aggregate your digital assets to track, spend, and send them in the way that best suits your lifestyle. Bakkt is the only place that puts the power in your hands by enabling all-in-one aggregation. Something like this has never been built before, and we aim to make what was previously thought impossible, possible – leveraging our values of betting big and serving as multipliers on our team. We believe we are more than the sum of our parts and we want you to bet big with us. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
As a Development Manager / Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of large-scale front-end / back-end services and/or large-scale websites. You should have an established background in designing and building highly scalable systems, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. A willingness to take ownership and be accountable for results is essential.
- Expert, hands-on engineering delivery of product requirements
- Team management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Coach, mentor and motivate software engineers in a high-performance software development organization
- Partner with Product Manager to deliver the scoped set of requirements with accountability and visibility into milestones, deliverables, risk and costs
- Plan and decompose High-Level Features, providing accurate estimates and roadmap/development plans
- Key contributor to overall application/component architecture direction of the platform
- Analyze the development processes and procedures to determine areas for improvement
- Execute process improvement projects, including technical debt reduction and culling code or procedures that may no longer be needed
- Assign and monitor development progress across the team
- Liaise with the project managers, business analysts, product owners, and clients as required
- Assist Production Support Team with triage and identify root cause for issues with designated applications
- Familiarity with application architecture, general cloud network & infrastructure knowledge, superior troubleshooting skills
- 10+ years deep hands-on experience, building custom platforms from scratch to production
- Expert proficiency with development using Spring framework
- Expert proficiency with developing APIs, Apache Camel or other EBA, Microservices development (REST & SOAP)
- Proficiency with Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Proficiency with Oracle 11g
- Proficiency in designing (includes documentation), developing, testing, and implementing Java applications on a predefined schedule using technologies, techniques, and tools to ensure high quality, performance, and reliability, at varying levels of complexity
- Proficiency in resolving technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Proficiency in system analysis and design in accordance with established procedures and policies
- Provides an accurate estimate of time needed to complete work
- Proficiency in working with high-performing technology teams in a multi-technology enterprise.