This position manages the business relationship with identified accounts that have complex specific adjacency (i.e. CPD, CBFS, Tech) related needs.
In addition, this position assists in the deployment of new products, services, and solutions throughout both BSD and NAR Divisions through established partnerships with other sales associates.
- Engaged in sales activities outside of the office, face-to-face, including, but not limited to, creating relationships with non-Office Depot customers and develop a clear, complete understanding of their potential business issues and needs for more than 50% of work time. Sales activities also include selling to existing Office Depot customers a further and deeper range of products and services from office Depot. Note: Administrative maintenance and invoicing issues, even when accomplished at the customer’s site, do not count towards the over 50% of work time that is required to be spent in sales activities outside of the office. The primary focus of this position is sales, not administrative maintenance of the customer.
- Ensure effective execution of tactical and operational segments of the sales plans for all products and services relevant to geographical scope.
- The Development Manager will stay in tune with the changing demands of the marketplace and provide management with recommendations for training, new products, assortment and service enhancements. Works under the direction of sales management to launch all new products, services, and solutions to both NAR and BSD Field personnel within a defined geographical territory.
- Identifies key targets from region listing & develops selling & penetration plans using a consultative selling approach.
- Partners with BSD sales associates to achieve a defined contract sales quota based on account/territory potential. Schedules joint face to face calls to customers in attempt to meet and sell programs and solutions.
- Applies adjacency expertise to design and implement customer programs. Sells to multiple levels of decision-makers within larger, high potential accounts by developing partnerships with customers
- Schedules face-to-face contact with current or prospective buyers on a daily basis. Sells value and innovative solutions beyond the core product to meet buyer needs.
- Directs account sales strategies as they relate to specific adjacency offerings. Designs optimal product/service mix to match essential buying criteria.
- Partner with Field Support Leaders, NAR District Managers & RVPs, and BSD Directors & VPs to ensure that adjacency selling programs achieve their revenue and IMU targets.
- The Development Manager will also be responsible for maintaining a calendar or log of all outside appointments and tracking incurred mileage expenses required for reimbursement through the Runzheimer Program. Manager may request to review the calendar or log at their discretion.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in related field
- Sales experience, preferably in a complex business-to-consumer and business-to-business service-orientated environment; or demonstration of skills and learning through an internal development program and selection process.
Reference Number: 1270599