The Arthritis Foundation is the Champion of Yes. Leading the fight for the arthritis community, the Arthritis Foundation helps conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science and community connections.
Our goal is to chart a winning course, guiding families in developing personalized plans for living a full life – and making each day another stride towards a cure.
The Development Manager will implement, coordinate and manage cost-effective fundraising activities to assist the NYC market to achieve its financial goals.
- Revenue Generation: Directly responsible for achieving revenue through assigned fundraising initiatives (Jingle Bell Run, Walk to Cure Arthritis, NYC Marathon etc.) which includes utilizing organizational best practices, achieving specific revenue and expense budget, managing the timeline and logistics, and leading sponsorship solicitation for each event.
- Volunteer Management: Recruit, coach and mentor individual volunteers and volunteer committees to support our annual events.
- Relationship Building: Develop strong networks within the local community. Identify target audiences and develop a pipeline of new revenue streams and event sponsorship through relationships, networking, sales calls or other prospecting efforts.
- Assess and Plan: Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising initiatives, including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event potential, and overall success of the event. Develop and implement strategies to enhance growth potential.
- Collaboration with Mission: Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Arthritis Foundation’s mission-based initiatives. Collaborate with mission staff on key activities to ensure mission delivery at all events.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Work efficiently in multiple CRM systems (i.e.: Affinity, Kintera & Donor Drive) that track and manage revenue generating activities, volunteer leadership and community engagement.
- Event Marketing: Collaborate with Marketing & Communications team to oversee local marketing/communications/media relations efforts to drive awareness and community engagement in Arthritis Foundation events.
- All other duties as assigned byExecutive Director
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BA or BS degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior related work experience, preferably in sales or event fundraising in a not-for-profit setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to cold call, grow local contacts and build and nurture effective business relationship
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and analyze financial goals and fundraising reports and generate requiredreports on a timely basis.
- Embraces change and promotes an office culture grounded in adaptability and teamwork.
- Upbeat, “can-do” demeanor; ability to project empathy and compassion when engaging constituents.