As a Development Lead for Software Development at John Deere’s Enterprise Electronics Group (EEG), you will provide leadership and talent development for a team of Software engineers. In addition, you will:
- Be a supervisor in John Deere’s Enterprise Electronics that will include a combination of systems engineers and software engineers.
- Work with multiple software scrum teams in the US, Germany, and India.
- Lead these scrum teams to ensure on-time delivery of high quality embedded software
- Lead continuous improvement technical initiatives to increase product quality and development productivity (ex: MIL/SIL/HIL, MBSD, Agile processes, continuous integration).
U.S. Visa sponsorship IS available for the role.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years in embedded software delivery.
- Experience in software development or system engineering practices.
- Experience and passion for how software is developed, quality processes, and predictable delivery.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills for indirect staff.
- Experience running a project to production.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take responsibility.
- Decision making skills as it relates to complex system issues.
- Prior experience with Ag vehicle production development.
- Ability and willingness to travel, up to 25% (both domestic and internationally).
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Knowledgeable in Agile practices and management.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience in Matlab, Simulink and/or C++.
- Experience with AUTOSAR.
- Experience with Linux.
- Ag and CAN/ISO experience.
- Software Project / Program management experience.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Software, Electrical or Systems Engineering.