Our client, a leading tier 1 automotive manufacturer is seeking a talented Development Engineer with experience in carbon canisters to lead the Product Development Team at their Troy, Michigan facility.
Reporting to the Segment Leader, the Development Engineer - Carbon Canisters (DE)is the technical leader of the Product Development Team. You will ensure all customer requirements are met, from the quotation phase through to production and will achieve product-related goals, minding quality, cost, and timeline milestones. You will conduct a functional analysis/ Design-FMEA and maintain system masterdate. With your carbon canister development experience, you will oversee product design and prototypes and coordinate all related activities as well as initiate and verify simulations, conduct design reviews and release design and drawings, and approve procurement release and initiate mass production of purchased components. You must know how to create and execute a design verification plan and be able to communicate technical concepts to CAD/CAE and ensure ongoing design changes are transferred to customer; ensures drawings and BOM are released to latest specifications.
- Degree or Diploma? in a mechanical or technical field
- 3+ years? exerience in Carbon Canister Development
- Strong, proven project management abilities
- Ability to multitask across various projects with proven leadership success over a wide variety of business problems
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in fuels and emissions an asset
- CAD/Catia/UG skills an asset
- Must be fluent in English, with bilingualism in Spanish, Japanese, or German a plus
- Must be able to work overtime
- Domestic and International travelrequired