$80K — $100K *
This position is part of the SunPower Development team; whose accountability is to bring projects from origination through to the development phase and enable the sale of the projects, while preserving project margins and schedule.
The Development Engineer is responsible for supporting and managing the technical proposal development, technical due diligence, and scope-lock designs for commercial solar projects during the origination and development stages. The Development Engineer functions as the primary technical expert and resource for projects under development. This includes the vetting of project specifications and requirements, providing technical support to the Origination team, and developing design documents, drawings, and cost estimates. In addition, the Development Engineer will also provide performance modeling, incentive and interconnection management and over-project optimization inputs.
Candidates located outside the Boston area on the east coast will be considered.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously with minimal review and oversight;
· Delegate and review project tasks to other team members;
· Review scope of work and technical specifications for RFPs or similar solicitations;
· Provide technical information to support sales proposals and project development including integration of scope statements, project schedules, system layouts, single line diagrams (as
· needed), energy production modeling, and cost details;
· Estimate proposal costs, and work with the professional estimator to establish baseline project budgets;
· Identify a project delivery method and generate the project procurement plan accordingly;
· Procure adequate technical due diligence for opportunities and engage third-party consultants as required to prepare projects for all required permits and approvals;
· Participate in prime contract negotiations to provide technical and scope expertise;
· Manage relationships and sales pipeline with both internal and external partners;
· Stay current on codes, standards, new solar technologies, jurisdictional/utility requirements, and installation best practices;
· Mentor other team members to develop their individual skills;
· Attend site visits, team meetings with internal & external partners, and customer calls & meetings;
· Provide hand-off of the developed project to project execution teams;
· Demonstrate ethics and professionalism at all times.
Minimum Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction related field; Master’s preferred
· Min 5 years experience (or equivalent) in:
· the renewable energy electric industry
· renewable energy project development, including permitting, real estate, and interconnection,
· Working knowledge of relevant codes and standards, including National Electrical Code (NEC), International Building Code (IBC), and etc,
· Fluency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
· AutoCAD, other CAD software, PVSyst or other performance monitoring tools, MS Project, and other design and construction management software.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Project experience to include project development and permitting, conceptual and detailed design, project engineering, scheduling, cost estimating, procurement, and contracts
· Demonstrated ability to manage and interface effectively with cross-functional employee groups of all levels and competencies
· Proven ability to adapt to change in a calm and measured manner
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
· Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
· Must be a proven team player and contributor.
· Willingness to travel as required, typical up to 30%
Valid through: 6/9/2021