Moog’s Space and Defense Group has recently been awarded several new projects that will expand Moog’s platform of fluid control devices to support launch and exploration vehicles. Currently the Space and Defense sector is seeking a Development Engineer. The Development Engineer will contribute to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and test of complex control hardware used on military, commercial and NASA vehicles and equipment. The products of Moog generally are unique for each customer. Therefore, most new applications require a special, tailored design, even though adaptation of existing designs always should be considered where appropriate. The Development Engineer will operate as part of a design/development team, which includes other Department engineers. The incumbent will be providing detailed analysis to support design verification. To be considered for this position:
- PreferredMSDegree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering.
- As an alternative, the candidate must have a BS Degree plus two years of experience in the development of mechanical devices or control systems.
- This role will require a highly motivated individual with the ability to multi-task among several programs with competing demands.
- Experience with structural and thermal analysis techniques is required, with a desire to also learn fracture mechanics, CFD, and electro-magnetic analysis.
- Preferred software experience with Siemens NX, ANSYS, and Sinda/G.
- Opportunities will be provided to learn additional software such as Nastran, Thermal Desktop, and NASGRO.
- To fulfill the demands of design and development of new products the individual must show self‑starting instincts, an aptitude for creative synthesis, and the ability to utilize and quickly learn advanced design and/or analysis techniques.