Great opportunity within a fast growing business platform at a well-established development company! Gilbane Development Company is seeking an experienced professional to expand our capacity to develop multi-family and market rate housing from a national platform in targeted markets. Ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of multi-family and market-rate development, including overall deal structuring, land planning, entitlement process, finance, design, construction, marketing/leasing and management.
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization and delinquency management program
- Provide decisive leadership while emphasizing collaboration amongst the development team and project managers
- Develop and implement business plan and annual budget
- Develop new business opportunities, cultivate relationships with key constituents while representing Gilbane Development Company with full integrity
- Provide knowledge and guidance to design team during planning to foster a high quality project which can be delivered efficiently
- Maintain knowledge of the targeted residential markets in order to Identify development opportunities and position properties
- Identify and underwrite development opportunities in target markets
- Site selection, design, financing and value creation
- Provide leadership overseeing full development process
- Oversee development and marketing. Develop, write and implement a sales and marketing plan that effectively maximizes rental income and results in high occupancy and competitive pricing through the leasing staff and personal efforts
- Manage projects/teams to ensure on time and on budget completion
- Travel is required
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree, preferred, in real estate development related field (i.e. engineering, architecture, construction, finance, law, economics).
- 10+ years experience in market-rate and multi-family real estate development
- Experience with a national company in a specific or multiple regions
- Established record of success as a project leader, having completed at least six substantial development projects ranging from $20-$100 million in value, including significant experience with multi-family housing for lease and/or for sale.
- Experience with mixed-use, retail and office projects also desirable.
- Demonstrated experience at the management level—proven managerial skills, ability to mentor and develop staff and foster teamwork and collaborative problem solving
- Collaborative approach and respectful relationship style with members of the neighborhoods within which we work as well as colleagues, consultants and third party trade partners
- Self-starter with ability to manage 2-3 overlapping projects efficiently in fast paced environment
- Excellent business development skills and experience in marketing, generating business and maintaining credibility in the community
- Attention to details and ability to execute them at a high level
- High degree of organizational skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company & project goals with prudence/sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Maintain memberships and participate in organizations and events
Requisition ID 2019-2796